Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

I guess this isn't the thread where we guess the winners? It's only for whining and complaining about whiners?

Gaborik / Ward
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Seriously. Isn't there some Rangers board you can go circle jerk in while wearing your tin foil?
      NYR: Richards
      Wash: Aucoin
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Hate hate hate the jumping on the puck in the defensive zone, but whatever the Rangers scored.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
          Because the calls this series have been blatantly skewed. What about Ovechkin not getting suspended for leaving his feet on that hit last game? Torres threw practically the exact same hit last series and got 25 games!
          Excuse me if I laugh my *** off about that comparison. Less than a second before ovie's hit he was looking at the puck in his skate. Did he jump? Yes, but if you honestly think he planned to take him out then you're an idiot. He protected himself albeit in an illegal way. But I wouldn't expect you to have any rational thoughts about it.

I feel bad for the fans of other teams in the same league as your favorite college team. I can't imagine how they can put up with this whining for a full season.

Comment

NYR: Dubinsky
            WSH: Ovechkin
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

God, and I thought us Wings fans were supposed to be the whiners, tinfoil-hatters, and conspiracy theorists.

Comment

All I have to say.

Bow to the power of my reverse jinx.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Beagle
                  Callahan

Ovechkin wasn't suspended because the principle point of contact was the shoulder...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    Excuse me if I laugh my *** off about that comparison. Less than a second before ovie's hit he was looking at the puck in his skate. Did he jump? Yes, but if you honestly think he planned to take him out then you're an idiot. He protected himself albeit in an illegal way. But I wouldn't expect you to have any rational thoughts about it.

I feel bad for the fans of other teams in the same league as your favorite college team. I can't imagine how they can put up with this whining for a full season.
                    I actually don't generally read the DI boards because the discussion can be pretty lowbrow. And I rarely complain about officiating but these playoffs have been screwy, and I'm hardly the only one who's been pointing that out, if you hadn't noticed. But I'll try to tone it down a little because if you complain about everything then you may as well not complain at all.

And how appropriate that Staal gets the goal there after making huge plays to break up a Caps 3-on-1 in the third?
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

A double minor taken in the 60th minute of play leads to a game tieing PPG with 6 seconds remaining in regulation time and then the game winning goal in overtime. It's the kind of finish that makes you think it might be the Rangers' year.
                      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        And I rarely complain about officiating
                        You may want to rethink this statement.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

puck dont like, joel ward. puck dont lie
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I wonder how many trolls will flame Ward tonight because they are jerkish trolls.

Comment

How haven't I noticed until now that Martin Hanzal is like super gigantic?

This game has been really freaking entertaining so far.
                              Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                                How haven't I noticed until now that Martin Hanzal is like super gigantic?

This game has been really freaking entertaining so far.
                                Very physical game so far...
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X