Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Boyle won't be pretty after that shot to the chops. Ouch.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Random thought: Boyle kind of looks like the evil taskmaster Simon Legree from Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Great save there by Boyle.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Get Hank some Stickum for his goalie stick.

Comment

Will Mud Bruneteau please report to the Capitals locker room, Mud Bruneteau. Thank you.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

How did the puck stay out of the Nashville net there?

EDIT: and there?

EDIT2: and there?

EDIT3: and there?
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

As we head to OT3, this is for you Ranger fans from 41 years ago.

I was listening to this on the radio. Somewhere here in the house is a tape with Marv's call of the game winner.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  How did the puck stay out of the Nashville net there?

EDIT: and there?

EDIT2: and there?

EDIT3: and there?
                  Fast-forward to 1:16 for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    Random thought: Boyle kind of looks like the evil taskmaster Simon Legree from Uncle Tom's Cabin.
                    Equally random: with a moustache, he looks like Inigo Montoya (Princess Bride), portrayed by Mandy Potinkin.

Comment

THIT

Gaborik
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well, crap.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

My thoughts on the Gaborik goal:

Comment

20th longest NHL game of all time (54:41 of overtime)
                            3rd longest for the Caps (longest: Loss to Penguins (79:15, 4th all time))
                            5th longest for the Rangers (longest: Loss to Canadiens (68:52, 9th all time))
                            Longest since 5/4/2008 - Stars over Sharks (69:03, 8th all time)
                            17-19 were all less than a minute longer (54:47, 54:51, and 55:13)
                            Fun fact: 32 of 46 (69.6%) games that made it to 3 or more OTs were won by the away team.
                            Last edited by lugnut92; 05-02-2012, 11:35 PM. Reason: Made a mistake
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              My thoughts on the Gaborik goal:

Kofi corpsing?

SEND FOR THE MAN!
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Longest since 5/4/2008 - Stars over Sharks (69:03, 8th all time)
                                Ugh. **** Dallas, **** Brian Campbell and **** Brendan Morrow.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X