Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Turn in your fan card. You gave up on this team after game 5.
    Whatever gets us to the next round. I'm a jinx. To quote Mr. Spock, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

EDIT: It's a learned behavior in my family. One of my early memories of watching sports is watching Syracuse basketball with my dad. The Orange would fall behind and he'd change the channel. He'd come back a half hour later and they'd be up so he'd stick around. The Orange proceed to get a run on them and he'd change it. The Orange would get separation and all would be right. I guess I'm conditioned to expect failure. The only teams that are somewhat immune are Oswego and Manchester United. It's a hard habit to break, my friend.
    Last edited by MountieBoyOz; 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Gosh, watching the Devils is boring.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        +1

Was kind of hoping Boston won. The Devs set the league back years with that style of play.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Ruining hockey is an epithet reserved for the New Jersey Devils.
          And Anaheim.
          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            Brent likes Houghton, the Devils, and TK's.

It all adds up, doesn't it?

Comment

I was ready to call BS on the breakaway penalty, but he HACKED him. Hiiiii-YA!
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

The Panthers have a sick power play.

Comment

Saw that coming. Time to break out the golf clubs.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Deja vu all over again

Parise
                    Weiss
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

FLA: Goc (Just for the Goc-Ya headline)
                      NJ: Clarkson (one of the rare times I think a Clarkson will come through in the clutch.)

Comment

Goc
                        Parise
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Kopecky
                          N/A
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            FLA: Goc (Just for the Goc-Ya headline)
                            NJ: Clarkson (one of the rare times I think a Clarkson will come through in the clutch.)
                            I picked Clarkson last game. Figures it was a WCHA guy to win over an EZAC name.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Zajac and Goc.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Can't pick Kovy because we all know he ain't clutch.

So,
                                Henrique
                                Versteeg

Comment

Working...
                                X