Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Mob mentality. Certainly doesn't represent Boston fans as a whole (sorry Kepler).

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I love how inevitable it is that at least 40% of the discussion in any hockey playoff thread is whining about how boring the other teams are, how the other teams are a bunch of thugs, how horrible it is to see defense, etc.
    So it's not ok to hate a team's style of play while still giving them credit for executing their gameplan? The Capitals deserved to win the series. The Bruins shouldn't have let it get to OT of game seven. That doesn't mean you have to like the way Washington played.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Stop making something out of nothing. They were joking. I'm sure that each one of them have a black friend that can tell you that they aren't racist.
    It involves Boston...he can't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      It involves Boston...he can't resist.
      Um, I bet soh was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Um, I bet soh was being sarcastic.
        My mistake, I didn't catch the deadspin link in there at first. Anyway, by the looks of it, most if not all of those posts seem to be from high school kids or younger. Not an excuse, just a sign of their immaturity and stupidity. Pretty disturbing. They must feel empowered by Twitter and even untouchable if you will--except for their real names being listed. Idiots.

Even so, to say that that reaction represents Boston is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by kepler View Post
          all those salt of the earth southie types? They're ignorant thugs.
          fyp.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Bruins officials apologize.

The Boston Bruins released a statement apologizing after several people — many purporting to be the team's fans — directed racist slurs at Joel Ward, the Game 7 winning goal scorer for the Washington Capitals.

"The Bruins are very disappointed by the racist comments that were made following the game last night," the statement read. "These classless, ignorant views are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization."
            Meanwhile, Joel Ward is brushing it all off. Don Cherry will be proud of him!

Ward told USA Today that it was "shocking to see," but that the comments didn't "ruin his day."

"It doesn't faze me at all," he said. "We won, and we are moving on. … People are going to say what they want to say."

Ward added that he has never experienced any racist remarks during his time in the NHL.

Ward said he thought it was "just kids" posting those comments.

"It has no effect on me whatsoever. I've been playing this game long enough and I've not had any encounters of that nature."

Ward said a lot of Boston fans have also offered up support.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Are you surprised? Blue collar Boston makes Alabama looks racially progressive. All those salt of the earth Southie types? They're assholes.
              High School Junior @Gaucherhockey24
              I'm sorry for my comment about Joel ward I'm not a racist person my emotions just got the best of me. Im very sorry and for hurting anyone.
              High School Junior @Clifford_BigRed is from Ontario (and looking at his timeline, has severe anger issues). He's a racist bastard.
              High School Senior @JDevine04 is from Southwick, MA
              Sorry everyone, caught up in the moment last night. i appologize for the inappropriate insult. Goodluck caps and Ward.
              High School kid (don't know what year) @zakturco is from Raleigh, NC.
              High School kid @rawrimdinoJessi from Pembroke also retweeted this :
              Who killed Osama? A Black guy (OBAMA) Who killed the Bruins? A Black Guy (WARD) #RealNiggasGet****Done hahaha
              @wucastyler is a Ranger fan, not a Bruin fan.
              High school kid @GeraldHart635 is from Eastern Mass (I think Gloucester)
              Not sure how old @SteezyDABASSGO is, but his timeline is filthy as hell. He did tweet this, though...
              we didnt burn down our city, were still not the worst
              @csully30 appears to be a high school kid from Nashoba High in Bolton, MA.
              @Flesher91 is also a high school kid from Ontario.
              @JoeDaaboul is a high school kid from Walpole.
              @AnthonyMorose is a high school kid, I'm not able to determine where.

So of the 12 people cited in that post, 10 were high school kids (maybe 11 depending on that Steezy guy).
              2 were high schoolers from Ontario.
              1 was a high schooler from North Carolina.
              6 are from Massachusetts.

Still think this is representative of "blue-collar Boston" or "salt of the earth Southie types"? I follow a bunch of Bruins fans and the subject of his race never came up.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                So of the 12 people cited in that post, 10 were high school kids (maybe 11 depending on that Steezy guy).
                2 were high schoolers from Ontario.
                1 was a high schooler from North Carolina.
                6 are from Massachusetts.
                And, ironically, Ward is from Scarborough, Ontario.

Two points in evidence in all of this:

1) Racists are everywhere

2) Some people should not have access to the internet.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Still think this is representative of "blue-collar Boston" or "salt of the earth Southie types"? I follow a bunch of Bruins fans and the subject of his race never came up.
                  It may also mean you have good judgement about which Bruins fans to follow. Note that of all the Bruins fans I know, not one would make those remarks either.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Are you surprised? Blue collar Boston makes Alabama looks racially progressive. All those salt of the earth Southie types? They're assholes.
                    See Hicks, Louise Day (reaction to)
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nice to see Spezza diving for dollars. I do not trust those refs.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Blueshirts get up 2-0, but then the Sens get a cheapo softie on the PP. 2-1 at MSG.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Fast Chris Kreider is fast.

Comment

The reverse jinx works. Yeah, baby!

Comment

The Curse of Marty McSorely lives on!
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                                The reverse jinx works. Yeah, baby!
                                Turn in your fan card. You gave up on this team after game 5.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X