Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    No goaltender interference by Knuble on that goal?
    They only call that when Kreider breathes on Anderson.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Sure looked like interference, but I'm used to that never being called in the NHL. They don't even review it. I've never understood that. Maybe someone can explain why it wasn't goaltender interference. Didn't see any of the Bruins complaining though.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Philly vs. Washington will be interesting.
        Which only happens if the Rangers lose and Florida wins.
        Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
          Which only happens if the Rangers lose and Florida wins.
          If the Rangers do lose it will be the first time since '06 that an Original Six team failed to make the second round.

Of course, it's been longer than that since one Original Six team made the first round!
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Really Bruins fan? Really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...b&csShare=true

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

5 of the 6 in the next round haven't won a cup.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

the overtime result is not unexpected given how the season went for the most part. Special teams killed them again, and their inability to score didn't help either. Overall, they'll return a good defensive core ( Corvo, Maquaid, were out), and maybe add offense. Is horton done? They could have used him.

Washington did what it needed to in order to win. I wonder how they will hold up against healthier teams..
                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

I love how inevitable it is that at least 40% of the discussion in any hockey playoff thread is whining about how boring the other teams are, how the other teams are a bunch of thugs, how horrible it is to see defense, etc.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    Shouldn't have been. Puck got blocked on the dump in and bounced right out to the Caps. Nothing you can really do on that.
                    That was a bad dump even if it hadn't gotten blocked. Why do you wind up and slap it from there? If it hadn't gotten blocked, it would have just wrapped around the boards and come out the other side.

Congrats to the Caps. And as much as I detested Dale Hunter as a player, the man has done a great job as a coach. Not every coach would have the cojones to almost bench Ovechkin, but it turned out to be a very good move.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      I love how inevitable it is that at least 40% of the discussion in any hockey playoff thread is whining about how boring the other teams are, how the other teams are a bunch of thugs, how horrible it is to see defense, etc.
                      Watching my team hit a guy after the whistle and run a right wing lock up a goal is solid hockey. Watching the other team do it is a bunch of classless (always bring up class!) thugs that trap and are ruining hockey.

Ruining hockey is an epithet reserved for the New Jersey Devils.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The NHL and NBC are really hoping for a conference finals of PHX-LA and OTT-FLA...
                        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          Are you surprised? Blue collar Boston makes Alabama looks racially progressive. All those salt of the earth Southie types? They're assholes.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                            ESPN is really hoping for a conference finals of PHX-LA and OTT-FLA...
                            fyp

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Are you surprised? Blue collar Boston makes Alabama looks racially progressive. All those salt of the earth Southie types? They're assholes.
                              Stop making something out of nothing. They were joking. I'm sure that each one of them have a black friend that can tell you that they aren't racist.
                              Last edited by state of hockey; 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Based on Bradley-Terry rankings (i.e., KRACH) found here, the updated (after 4/25) most likely outcomes are:

West: LAK in 5 (100%), STL in 5 (100%), PHX in 6 (100%), NSH in 5 (100%)
                                East: NYR in 7 (62.5%), WAS in 7 (100%), NJD in 7 (54.3%), PHI in 6 (100%)

Overall winning probabilities:
                                West
                                VAN 0.00% - LAK 100.0%
                                STL 100.0% - SJS 0.00%
                                PHX 100.0% - CHI 0.00%
                                NSH 100.0% - DET 0.00%

East
                                NYR 62.5% - OTT 37.5%
                                BOS 0.00% - WAS 100.0%
                                FLA 45.7% - NJD 54.3%
                                PIT 0.00% - PHI 100.0%

As always, KRACH is not a perfect predictive system. In fact, it's not predictive at all; it's retrodictive. Home-ice advantage, momentum, and the like can not be accounted for reliably, so they are ignored.

Remarks: Here we are on the last day of the first round, with both SCF contenders from last year eliminated and about a 1 in 6 chance of every non-Flyer team remaining playing for their first Cup. Yay hockey!!!

Next Round possibilities:
                                Code:
                                West
                                STL - LAK
                                CHI - NSH

-------------------------------
                                |EAST |       HOME            |
                                |CONF.|-----------------------|
                                |     | NYR | FLA | PHI | NJD |
                                |-----------------------------|
                                | |PHI|XXXXX|28.5%|XXXXX|XXXXX|
                                |A|---|-----------------------|
                                |W|NJD|XXXXX|XXXXX|33.9%|XXXXX|
                                |A|---|-----------------------|
                                |Y|WAS|62.5%|XXXXX|17.1%|20.4%|
                                | |---|-----------------------|
                                | |OTT|XXXXX|17.1%|20.4%|XXXXX|
                                -------------------------------
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X