Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
    Some local radio station or community group should take up a collection to pay the fine on his behalf. I'd like to see that happen more often.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Some local radio station or community group should take up a collection to pay the fine on his behalf. I'd like to see that happen more often.
      Is that allowed? I seem to remember this coming up before (maybe in another sport) and there was a rule about a third-party paying a fine for a coach.

Comment

So I turn this hockey game on, and Clemmensen is in net for New Jersey. Did I miss something?

Edit: Okay, the announcers are morons and called Brodeur Clemmensen for 5 minutes.
        Last edited by bronconick; 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Or he's Florida's goalie now. Huh. I pay zero attention to the east.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Or he's Florida's goalie now. Huh. I pay zero attention to the east.
            Haha!

To your credit, he is Florida's backup so you can still wonder what's going on. Although Theodore is the starter so I'm not sure how much wondering is necessary.
            Last edited by state of hockey; 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
              I think he is inconsistent but at times he has shown that he could have the ability to be an elite goaltender in the future. He showed that in Game 6 and 7 in the 2009 finals. He is not elite yet but he still could be in the future if he can find some consistency.
              Guy's been a starter in the NHL for seven years; more likely than not, we're looking at the finished product.

(But, the fact that he had two crappy games in a row doesn't mean he's a crappy goalie in general. Everyone has a stinker here and there.)
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Jose Threeorfour. Just wanted to say that.

Comment

Gotta love 2 on 1s
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I feel like guys are holding the puck a lot longer in these playoffs. Lots of quick passes and a lack of one timers. Another there for the Bruins.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Sweet. I hope the Coyotes make a run to the cup. Them or Nashville.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Blackhawks!!!!
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Looks like 'Yotes and Hawks are going 4 for 4.

I will pick the Special Young Man
                          Toews
                          Yandle

OOPS -- That's what happens when you listen to TSN on the ride down from NH -> MD.
                          Last edited by joecct; 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

6th straight OT for the Hawks in the playoffs. Unreal.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Stop me if you've heard this one before...Chicago scores late to send it to OT.
                              Old Monster Records

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Looks like 'Yotes and Hawks are going 4 for 4.

I will pick the Special Young Men
                                Toews
                                Turris
                                Turris will have a hard time doing that from Ottawa.

Give me Patty Kane for Chicago
                                Yandle for PHX.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X