Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
    They won the cup, they don't play like the canucks/habs. As far as I'm concerned they're a model team.

I respect how they won the Cup too. I like gritty hockey as long as it's not pervasively cheap.

Can't stand the Canucks and their theatrics.

I actually like the way the Coyotes are playing sans Torres. They're doing exactly what they need to in order to advance against a more talented, but soft team.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I respect how they won the Cup too. I like gritty hockey as long as it's not pervasively cheap.

Can't stand the Canucks and their theatrics.

This. I love the way The Bruins play the game.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

I know I am biased because they are my team, but I love the way the Rangers play. They don't win pretty. They just win. Great D, solid goaltending and coaching. Plus, timely scoring.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          I know I am biased because they are my team, but I love the way the Rangers play. They don't win pretty. They just win. Great D, solid goaltending and coaching. Plus, timely scoring.
          I agree. And I love their coach. He's highly entertaining. Their only strikes are the two Beagles and the whole New York thing.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Looks like Raffi Torres is a shoo-in winner for the Lady Byng Trophy this season.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              I agree. And I love their coach. He's highly entertaining. Their only strikes are the two Beagles and the whole New York thing.
              And Mary-ann Gaborik and his tissue paper groin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                I agree. And I love their coach. He's highly entertaining.
                Nothing against CJ, he'll be the Bruins coach until he retires probably, but I'd love Torts to be the HC in Boston. It's a match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                  Looks like Raffi Torres is a shoo-in winner for the Lady Byng Trophy this season.
                  As crazy as this sounds (and I can't believe I'm actually saying it), I'd give serious consideration to giving that trophy to Matt Cooke this year. I'm sure he only changed because someone told him the next suspension he'd get would be of the season length variety, but he had a grand total of 44 penalty minutes this year, all 2 minute minors and while the Pens have been looking like asses in this series, he has zero of their penalty minutes.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Game on, and it's already on Pittsburgh. Ridiculous.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

FluLOLery.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Sooooo.... Both Fleury and Bryz have their A game tonight
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Remember how with the old NES hockey game, if you were still tied after overtime and a shootout there would be another period where they just had no goalies. I've always wondered what that would be like in real life and this series has let me know.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

2-0 Rangies!!! woohoo lets go boys!
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              2-0 Rangies!!! woohoo lets go boys!
                              And the refs are in full make up mode.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Didn't think the goaltending could get any worse in the Pennsylvania series. Boy was I wrong...

Comment

Working...
                                X