Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDaero91
    replied
    Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Happy birthday Marty.

Leave a comment:

• unh_hockey
    replied

Philly might have just ended their season if giroux gets any number of games for that one. But given how inconsistent these calls have been, its nearly impossible to tell what action might follow if any

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

shanahan going to meet with klesla but not ovechkin.. he must really have it out for the rangers

Leave a comment:

• unh_hockey
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Kings 1st ever 8 seed to wipe out 1 and 2 in the same year.
    And they did so in pretty good fashion. Of course we are seeing lower seeds playing well against their respective opponents; case and point would be washington vs the bruins and the rangers. Overall, it makes for exciting hockey. Had you told me back in march that it would be LA, Pheonix, washington and NJ making a serious push, I would have doubted you.

As for NJ, they are still causing philly fits. They aren't winning the same way when they had stevens, but its certainly more exciting than they used to play.

Leave a comment:

• REDaero91
    replied

Sigh. I hate that we got beat at our own game, and that they managed to rattle us early and we just fell apart. If we'd won this series I was fairly confident we could beat anyone, except maybe Nashville...what if.

Amazing season though, way exceeded many expectations, and gives us tons of good stuff to build on for next year.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Kings 1st ever 8 seed to wipe out 1 and 2 in the same year.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Based on Bradley-Terry rankings (i.e., KRACH) found here, the updated (after 5/5, old KRACH) most likely outcomes are:

West: LAK in 4 (42.5%), PHX in 5 (47.3%)
    East: NYR in 6 (37.2%), PHI in 7 (22.4%)

Overall winning probabilities:
    West
    STL 10.9% - LAK 89.1%
    PHX 85.4% - NSH 14.6%

East
    NYR 66.2% - WAS 33.8%
    PHI 39.0% - NJD 61.0%

As always, KRACH is not a perfect predictive system. In fact, it's not predictive at all; it's retrodictive. Home-ice advantage, momentum, and the like can not be accounted for reliably, so they are ignored.

Remarks: Every series is supposed to last a different number of games. Also, I hate the Kings.

Next Round possibilities:
    Code:
    -------------------------
    |WEST |    HOME         |
    |CONF.|-----------------|
    |FINAL| STL | PHX | NSH |
    |-----------------------|
    |A|PHX|9.34%|XXXXX|XXXXX|
    |W|---|-----------------|
    |A|NSH|1.60%|XXXXX|XXXXX|
    |Y|---|-----------------|
    | |LAK|XXXXX|76.0%|13.0%|

|EAST |    HOME         |
    |CONF.|-----------------|
    |FINAL| NYR | PHI | NJD |
    |-----------------------|
    |A|PHI|25.8%|XXXXX|XXXXX|
    |W|---|-----------------|
    |A|NJD|40.4%|XXXXX|XXXXX|
    |Y|---|-----------------|
    | |WAS|XXXXX|13.2%|20.6%|

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
    Where the heck was this Elliott when the Sharks were playing him? That's like the 8th weak 5 hole goal to go in this series. Sweet Jeepers the Kings are making the Blues look terrible.
    I blame Marleau.

Leave a comment:

• Rimbaud
    replied

Where the heck was this Elliott when the Sharks were playing him? That's like the 8th weak 5 hole goal to go in this series. Sweet Jeepers the Kings are making the Blues look terrible.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I watched it last night after the USA/Canada game.

I got chills on more than one occasion. Great documentary and epic chapter in hockey's history.
    melmac and I were also watching it last night. Espo is a classic!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I just watched a retrospective on the Can USSR Summit series on NBCS. It was the first time I had watched anything of such detail and it was wonderful. Unfortunately I don't see it listed for a replay.
    I watched it last night after the USA/Canada game.

I got chills on more than one occasion. Great documentary and epic chapter in hockey's history.

Leave a comment:

• REDaero91
    replied

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    I watched bits and pieces of the first two periods, then caught the last 30 seconds from the Rangers radio feed. The color guy was adamant that "the reffing once again ruined this game and caused the Rangers loss."

I figured if that was the case, jmh would be here whining up a storm. I saw the ovechkin hit but were there other instances where the refs didn't call things right? Or are the rangers radio guys just a couple of crying homers?
    Specifically in yesterday's game, I remember a Capital slash breaking a Ranger stick that didn't get called, but when the Rangers did the same thing it was called. I think there was a time Washington got away with too many men, and again with what should technically have been delay of game. And of course the Ovechkin hit-though that was penalized. Just seemed to be some uneven calls.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

It's been on a lot, that was their "signature" piece right after the name change from Versus to NBCSN.

It may not replay soon, but it will keep airing.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

I just watched a retrospective on the Can USSR Summit series on NBCS. It was the first time I had watched anything of such detail and it was wonderful. Unfortunately I don't see it listed for a replay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X