Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Also: how many concussions has Hossa had in his career? I've been told that after the fourth or fifth CONFIRMED concussion that most all NHL teams sit the player down and explain ways to allow the player to finish the contract and be an ambassador for the program. Lord knows how many concussions get dismissed by a player as a bout of flu or an innocent headache?
    I remember Hossa as a Juniors player in the WHL in 1998 and he had at least one additional very serious concussion back then.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Two years ago Chicago and Philly convinced everyone that goaltending was essentially overrated and half the league went cheap on their goaltending.

Now you've got 2 elite goaltenders and 3 goalies behind 2 excellent defensive systems in the West. Duck when you see the pendulum fly by.
      Yep. And I could argue that Crawford cost the Blackhawks two games. He gave up TWO soft OT goals. Not to say, the Hawks don't go on to lose both of those games later in OT on "good goals" but still...

Goaltending: So Overrated It's Underrated
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Question for the Hawks fans. Are you thinking about wanting to get Luongo or you sticky with Crawford?
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Question for the Hawks fans. Are you thinking about wanting to get Luongo or you sticky with Crawford?
          how on Earth would he fit with the expected contract?
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

No games tonight is ridiculous.

And no. This Hawks fan wants nothing to do with Luon8o.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              No games tonight is ridiculous.

And no. This Hawks fan wants nothing to do with Luon8o.
              I know Florida-New Jersey has flown under the radar for obvious reasons, but it still counts!

Didn't Theodore have a shutout last game? Box score says he's scratched (no injury) in favor of Clemmensen.

Comment

Canucks GM blames regular season victory over the Bruins as reason for loss in playoffs. Wow, really? Um, OK.

Comment

That is bizarre. Guess he forgot his team went on to finish the season with the best record in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    I know Florida-New Jersey has flown under the radar for obvious reasons, but it still counts!

Didn't Theodore have a shutout last game? Box score says he's scratched (no injury) in favor of Clemmensen.
                    I thought I read somewhere that he was injured. Don't know what though. http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=8985

Comment

Luuuuuu is willing to waive his NTC

Good luck shedding that contract.

Comment

Vancouver will find a lot more suiters for Schind than 7uongo
                        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                        2006-2007: 15-24-2
                        2007-2008: 20-20-4
                        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

There's a game tonight?
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Sturm and Parise.
                            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

NJ: Ponikarovsky
                              FLA: Fleischmann
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Parise and Versteeg.

Comment

Working...
                                X