Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Roszival was bloodied, but I don't think anything more than that. For a first time offender, maybe a one game suspension. Maybe just a fine.
    I'd like the see the league's chart of how many games a suspension is based on whether someone is bloodied, a broken bone, how many games injured, etc. Guess spilling blood is barely worth mention.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Nashville, St. Louis, L.A. & Phoenix?

Awesome!
      Fixed your post.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
        So a play serious injuries happen on would get 3 games, and Torres gets 25 games. I won't try to make sense if this. Guess the NHL doesn't care so much about potential serious injuries.
        Bob, do you not know what a repeat offender is? And do you not understand why someone who has a long history of getting warnings, fines, and suspensions for the exact same hit he used to knock out Hossa would get a much stiffer penalty than a first time offender?

Honestly, I hope you're just trolling and being an annoying fartface on purpose, otherwise you're mental.
        Old Monster Records

Comment

Bob, don't play dumb. You know prior history comes into play--as it should.
          In a small way maybe, but in general I don't agree. If two people do the same offense, give them the same punishment, maybe a little harsher for a repeat offender. But to me it's largely an excuse for throwing the book at an easy target, while letting off others with much less, even those with their own repeat offenses.
          Very well, said.
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You're right. Simply drawing blood really isn't that big of a deal. That's why high sticks that draw blood are double minors and never result in suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
              Bob, do you not know what a repeat offender is? And do you not understand why someone who has a long history of getting warnings, fines, and suspensions for the exact same hit he used to knock out Hossa would get a much stiffer penalty than a first time offender?

Honestly, I hope you're just trolling and being an annoying fartface on purpose, otherwise you're mental.
              You're always so courteous.
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You're right. Simply drawing blood really isn't that big of a deal. That's why high sticks that draw blood are double minors and never result in suspensions.
                This wasn't just blood, it was boarding. Guess people forget what can happen when a player is boarded.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

In a small way maybe, but in general I don't agree. If two people do the same offense, give them the same punishment, maybe a little harsher for a repeat offender. But to me it's largely an excuse for throwing the book at an easy target, while letting off others with much less, even those with their own repeat offenses.
                  Let me say that I didn't expect 25 games for Torres and think it's harsh. That's as far as I'll go in agreeing with you. Raffi Torres is a puke and gets no sympathy from me. He's not out there to play the game. He's a predator and is out to seek and destroy. I don't respect that.

Comment

Let me say that I didn't expect 25 games for Torres and think it's harsh. That's as far as I'll go in agreeing with you. Raffi Torres is a puke and gets no sympathy from me. He's not out there to play the game. He's a predator and is out to seek and destroy. I don't respect that.
                    I have to side with JD on this. I expected 10 at most. 25 is sending a message, I think.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This wasn't just blood, it was boarding. Guess people forget what can happen when a player is boarded.
                      Huh? I know it was boarding...

And yes, it was just blood. Not all boardings are the same (I've seen a lot worse)...and the end result is always considered. Roszival was bloodied but my guess is he'll miss zero time because of it.

Comment

Hey, let's make examples of people. Suspend him for a good chunk of next season.
                        Don't give the NHL ideas.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

You're always so courteous.
                          Well, it seem like you're doing one heck of a Scooby impersonation here (now that's a low blow!), so I'm sorry for calling you a fartface.

I agree with you that the NHL is pretty dumb with how they handle initial suspensions. A one game sit down isn't going to teach anyone anything. And a 25 game suspension is only going to (hopefully) teach one guy a lesson. If they started out with say 5 games in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs for hits deemed dirty at a bare minimum, that would be something. But these days, you're correct, it takes a player a talking to, a fine, an inital suspension, and maybe one more suspension before they'd even get a whiff of 5 games...that's 4 players they could significantly injure or attempt to injure before they get to a length of penalty that might make them reconsider those types of hits, or make their team reconsider signing them/playing them anymore.
                          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Ugh...
                            Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Awesome!

Fixed your post.
                            Awesome? Well, if you're reflexively for underdog franchises, then clearly yes. But in the next round in the West, it looks like we'll be seeing a lot of immovable object vs. immovable object games. Defensive soccer on ice, anyone? If so, Gurt's "Ugh" may be the more accurate call...

Comment

Don't you mean Quebec and not Phoenix?
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                                Don't you mean Quebec and not Phoenix?
                                You can change the geography and the language, but Les Coyotes are still going to play a "defense first" system.

Comment

Working...
                                X