Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Just thought of this. Tonight could be, but hopefully won't be, Lidstrom's last game wearing the winged wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I know it's the most misleading stat in hockey, but Ericsson's +/- is even. Tied with Nick Lidstrom for best among blueliners.
      Misleading stats are misleading!

I would guess Lidstrom's ice time in relation to most others is much higher. So it stands to reason he will be on the ice for more goals against or for.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Misleading stats are misleading!

I would guess Lidstrom's ice time in relation to most others is much higher. So it stands to reason he will be on the ice for more goals against or for.
        Check the post again. I broke it down ignoring special teams. Ice time is also negligible under this assessment.

Brad Stuart is the weak cog on the blue-line. Every other blueliner is practically at zero, equally on ice for both DET and NSH goals. Brad Stuart is almost -10. On ice for almost every NSH goal and zero DET goals.

*edit* At this point, I'd take DAMMIT Janik! or XLB over Brad Stuart.

Now excuse me as I go scrub my computer clean from typing that...
        Last edited by aparch; 04-20-2012, 01:55 PM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

yeah, Stuart checked out of Detroit and into whatever California team he thinks is going to sign him already.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

*edit* At this point, I'd take DAMMIT Janik! or XLB over Brad Stuart.
            Would you take Lilja back? Just wondering how desperate you really are.

A friend offered me free tickets to tomorrow night's game. As you can imagine, I'm pretty psyched.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

At this point, I'd take DAMMIT Janik! or XLB over Brad Stuart.
              Even Lilja?
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Would you take Lilja back?
                Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Even Lilja?
                HELL NO!

He's doing just fine being a screw up in Philly with Braydon Coburn. I'm glad that Lilja and Lebda are gone.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

I just realized that even with all of the crap in this Philly-Pitt series, Matt Cooke hasn't really had anything to do with it. He has turned over a new leaf, hasn't he?
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

WTH. I was expecting 10 goals between Philly and Pitt.

Just as I type, the Pens tie it.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I just realized that even with all of the crap in this Philly-Pitt series, Matt Cooke hasn't really had anything to do with it. He has turned over a new leaf, hasn't he?
                        Yeah, the high-sticking minor he had in Game 4 was the first penalty he took in the series. Of course, he then got an additional minor and a 10-min misconduct for holding the stick later in the game.

Comment

Can the Penguins offer the referee to just award a penalty shot than allow the Flyers back on the power play? They are killing penalties at a lusty 37.5% so far.

ETA: 35%
                          Last edited by Priceless; 04-20-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Can the Penguins offer the referee to just award a penalty shot than allow the Flyers back on the power play? They are killing penalties at a lusty 37.5% so far.
                            So, you think their goaltender(s) can give up less than 37.5 on penalty shots?

I'd take the "over" side on that bet.

Comment

There's the ballgame folks. First one to score has won all series between NSH/DET.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Don't necessarily like Jordan Staal (maybe because I hate Eric), but man, if he could only stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X