No announcement yet.

Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    No. "Does anybody wear glasses to bed?" "No."
    Perhaps the following is appropriate as response to some of the posting on this thread-

Juror #2: It's hard to put into words. I just think he's guilty. I thought it was obvious from the word, 'Go'. Nobody proved otherwise.
    Juror #8: Nobody has to prove otherwise. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defendant doesn't even have to open his mouth. That's in the Constitution
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Perhaps the following is appropriate as response to some of the posting on this thread-

Juror #2: It's hard to put into words. I just think he's guilty. I thought it was obvious from the word, 'Go'. Nobody proved otherwise.
      Juror #8: Nobody has to prove otherwise. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defendant doesn't even have to open his mouth. That's in the Constitution
      That about covers it. But does that requirement apply to "white Hispanics?"

I've mentioned before about a phenomenon I've personally encountered more than once: "witnesses" at the scene of a shooting of a black suspect by a white cop who tell credulous media types "The cops just shot that boy for no reason. He wasn't doin' nothin'" Oddly, these folks are never called before the grand jury or the trial jury or a citizen's review board. The crucial difference between telling gullible media types whatever pops into their heads and the mentioned entities is the oath and perjury.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 05-23-2012, 05:27 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        How? As best I can tell, there was no one who can be a reliable witness as to what happened? We'll never really know.
        The point was, you said "we'll know something." I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you meant the outcome of the trial would give us some knowledge as to what happened that night. I don't see how it can, unless there is a witness who is obligated to tell the whole truth. As I understand it, the one actual witness is also the one person who may be constitutionally allowed to omit part of the truth.

So in other words, where you said we'll know if he got away with something, I would argue that we won't know whether he got away with something. The fact is, unless there is quite a lot of evidence that hasn't been leaked to the press, or that the press is sitting on
        (entirely possible, per OP's point about negligence by the press) I don't see how any jury could convict, except by pure bias. So either they acquit and we learn nothing, or they convict and we learn nothing. At least, that's how I see it.
        Last edited by duper; 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          5mn keeps implying that Zimmerman has already gotten away with a crime when we haven't even gotten to a trial yet.
          You've missed on my point an embarrassing number of times. And as far as any point you've made...don't really care.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Another typical weekend in Chicago. Since none of the shooters is a white guy claiming "stand your ground" the collective response from the race baiters is "who cares?"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...244,full.story
            Last edited by Old Pio; 05-27-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              Another typical weekend in Chicago. Since none of the shooters is a white guy claiming "stand your ground" the collective response from the race baiters is "who cares?"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...244,full.story
              If it happens every day it's not "news". However when a cop shoots a naked guy gnawing on the face of another, that's news.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sometimes trolling works!

Again, the only reason that this case originally came to national attention was that Zimmerman was known to have shot Martin and was not arrested...and from there, there were questions as to why and it got legs.

According to the FBI, there were 14k people 'murdered' or about 40 people a day. Would it make more sense to just report a massive laundry list of people being killed? So what makes you think that people don't care?

I really don't know what makes some of you guys tick. Another example of using tragedy to point hate at others...
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Again, the only reason that this case originally came to national attention was that Zimmerman was known to have shot Martin and was not arrested...and from there, there were questions as to why and it got legs.

According to the FBI, there were 14k people 'murdered' or about 40 people a day. Would it make more sense to just report a massive laundry list of people being killed? So what makes you think that people don't care?

I really don't know what makes some of you guys tick. Another example of using tragedy to point hate at others...
                  What would make "more sense" is for so-called "civil rights" leaders to appear to be at least a little concerned about the slaughter of young black men at the hands of other young black men. But there would be no money in it. No ability to get voters out to the polls. No inflaming of racial tensions. No appearances on MSNBC (in some cases on their own programs). No interviews by the MSM. No prestige of approval from the White House or photo ops with POTUS.

That semi-literate race pimp Al Sharpton, at the height of the Tawana Brawley hoax, said his goal was to become the "baddest n-word in New York City." He appears to have succeeded. Better for him. Worse for the people he purports to "lead." BTW, here are the updated casualty figures for Chicago (as of this morning). Nothing to see here.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1669136.story

The Zimmerman story "got legs" as you put it, thanks to a shameful, dishonest, deliberate full court press by the MSM, which intentionally inflamed the situation by faudulently editing audio, continually using pictures of Martin when he was 12, and ignoring any "evidence" that pointed away from their "white guy racially profiles and then murders helpless little black kid who was only getting some "skillets"" narrative.

Oh, and His Panderness also gave the green light to race hustlers everywhere.

The only people I hate are enemies of America: Hussein (the one in Iraq), Baby Assad, Castro, the latest Kim enslaving the people of North Korea, etc. Wussy libs, on the other hand, are an annoyance, like crabs.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 05-29-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Final casualty reports from Chicago for the holiday weekend: 10 dead. 40 wounded.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5755521.story

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

If it wasn't "white" on black nobody would care. If it were white on white nobody would care. If the media didn't need or want a racism narrative we wouldn't have heard about this. We wouldn't need or want a racism narrative if the president weren't in deep crap on re-election.

Or is it normal for the DOJ to take interest?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        If it wasn't "white" on black nobody would care. If it were white on white nobody would care. If the media didn't need or want a racism narrative we wouldn't have heard about this. We wouldn't need or want a racism narrative if the president weren't in deep crap on re-election.

Or is it normal for the DOJ to take interest?
                        If George Zimmerman is a slathering racist who murdered a black kid just because he was black, it would truly be an outrage. What is MORE outrageous is the casual, trivial way young black people (mostly guys) are being cut down in our streets every single day. And since there's nothing in it for "civil rights" leaders (money, influence, status, etc) they evidently don't care. Or at least don't care enough to speak up about it.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 05-29-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Judge has revoked Zimmerman's bond claiming he misrepresented how much money he had. He must surrender in 48 hours.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            Judge has revoked Zimmerman's bond claiming he misrepresented how much money he had. He must surrender in 48 hours.
                            I don't know anyone who would ever lie about how much money they have. I am sure this will become a major focus in this case.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I don't know anyone who would ever lie about how much money they have. I am sure this will become a major focus in this case.
                              Proving what...?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm sure people try to shade estimates to their advantage. But this wasn't a case of declaring $612,000 when you really have $961,000. He and his family claimed indigence. He was awarded bail of something like $150,000 based on no assets. If I understand correctly, he had actually received contributions (via his website) totaling something like . . . $150,000.

Then there was something about surrenduring one passport, but having received two. You have to know that isn't kosher. Still . . . it's at least partially attributable to legal incompetence. His lawyer should have made sure that he was obeying the terms of bail.

I don't think it's a bombshell in terms of general guilt or innocence, despite the best efforts of the Martin family's lawyer to frame it that way. I also don't think it's an example of the legal system unfairly playing politics. I'll file it under: lie to the judge at your own risk.
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X