Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet Valentine! The saga of the 2012 Boston Red Sox

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    My only hope for optimism is that they don't determine the playoff participants until after the last day of the season.

Priceless - The sellout "streak" is becoming a joke. I can remember when my Dad was flabbergasted that the Sox played to 90% of capacity in the late 70's. NOBODY did that back then.

The Indians are in town on Thursday night -- good seats are still available. Loge 132 Row MM $35 for 2 seats.
    Wait for the deals on StubHub. Those tickets will be $20 or less by then. But it's still a sellout! Sean McAdam was on the Felger & Mazz show on Friday and he spelled out that this is actually costing the team money. Since the gate receipts are split with the visiting team receiving a share, if the Sox report 37,500 and only sell 30,000 tickets, the visiting team still wants the revenue from those 7500 tickets. They don't care that the Red Sox "sold" them to StubHub so the precious sellout streak can continue.

Comment

oh, so the team is selling unsold seats on stubhub?!?!? get out!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        oh, so the team is selling unsold seats on stubhub?!?!? get out!!!
        Selling is one way to put it. Giving them away is another... StubHub isn't in business to lose money. John Henry on the other hand...

Comment

The Red Sox are all over Twitter saying 5/14 vs Seattle (College Night) is sold out, so they're extending their college discounts to Tuesday. Sold out, meaning there are "only" 4500 tickets on StubHub, for as little as $6. Tickets atop the Green Monster are as low as $200/seat. They must have hired the old Iraqi Information Minister to announce ticket sales.

*****http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20140898.jpg******
          *****http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20141048.jpg******

Comment

This guy's usually an idiot, but this is a very good article comparing two Boston sports teams right now...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...co#articleFull
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

When are the Sox going to get rid of Beckett? Last Tuesday its announced he is missing his Saturday start. The Thursday inbetween he goes golfing with Bucholz???? Is he serious? He's a ******* and needs to go. He needed to go last offseason.
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                When are the Sox going to get rid of Beckett? Last Tuesday its announced he is missing his Saturday start. The Thursday inbetween he goes golfing with Bucholz???? Is he serious? He's a ******* and needs to go. He needed to go last offseason.
                But who would want him? He's damaged goods with a HUGE contract. It would be difficult to see what team would trade for him now. MAYBE as we get closer to the trade deadline a contender will take a flier on him, but I bet the Red Sox pay the bulk of his salary and get very little back in return. Same with Youkilis.

They should have traded them in the offseason but they didn't.

No word from NESN about the Beckett golfing thing. I bet they're as quiet as possible about the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  But who would want him? He's damaged goods with a HUGE contract. It would be difficult to see what team would trade for him now. MAYBE as we get closer to the trade deadline a contender will take a flier on him, but I bet the Red Sox pay the bulk of his salary and get very little back in return. Same with Youkilis.

They should have traded them in the offseason but they didn't.
                  Eat his salary, get a bucket of balls back. I don't care. He is just going to further poison the clubhouse.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Eat his salary, get a bucket of balls back. I don't care. He is just going to further poison the clubhouse.
                    The Red Sox aren't going to do that. Not a good business decision.

Comment

Fenway Park PA announcer Carl Beane was killed in a one-car accident in Sturbridge.

Comment

Fenway Park PA announcer Carl Beane was killed in a one-car accident in Sturbridge.
                        YIKES!! My condolences to his family.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Red Sox aren't going to do that. Not a good business decision.
                          Right. Keeping that idiot around to influence younger players on the team sounds like a great business decision to me.

Comment

No word from NESN about the Beckett golfing thing. I bet they're as quiet as possible about the whole thing.
                            NESN's the Pravda (or Trud) of the Red Sox.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Right. Keeping that idiot around to influence younger players on the team sounds like a great business decision to me.
                              Ah, but that's a baseball decision, not a business decision. From a baseball perspective, of course you get rid of him and Youk...but this ownership group isn't interested anymore in baseball decisions. As Tanguay said today on F&M, it would have been too hard to try to move them in the offseason, especially since John Henry was more worried about what was happening in Liverpool (and boy, aren't we Reds fans pleased as punch with his attention) than focusing on Boston. Heck, he didn't even call Carl Crawford until Spring Training when a reporter asked him about it.

Comment

D. Lowe vs. Josh Beckett tonight. Will the Sox turn anyone away who is dressed in Plus Four's???
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X