Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Hey I give you righties credit. Usually you're stuck in 1980. Looks like now you're only stuck in 2000!
    my kids are telling me to get a "cellular telephone". You can bring it with you and telephone people from wherever you are. It seems like a waste of money to me, why would I want to telephone somebody?
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

This is what I like about Mittens. He just can't go more than 5 minutes without committing a bonehead gaffe. Its like waiting for Charlie Sheen to get in trouble with the law again. Worse for him, he's the opposite of teflon. Everything sticks to him.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....stion_use.html

Gee Mitt, probably wasn't a good idea to hold an event in front of a factory closed during the prior administration to highlight the economic troubles under Obama. Doesn't that just scream out "he inherited the mess"?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        yeah, along with Independent Democrat Joe Lieberman, another rightie, eh?
        Just like you are an ardent liberal!

Comment

This is what I like about Mittens. He just can't go more than 5 minutes without committing a bonehead gaffe. Its like waiting for Charlie Sheen to get in trouble with the law again. Worse for him, he's the opposite of teflon. Everything sticks to him.

Gee Mitt, probably wasn't a good idea to hold an event in front of a factory closed during the prior administration to highlight the economic troubles under Obama. Doesn't that just scream out "he inherited the mess"?
          Unemployment in Ohio was 8.6 percent when Obama took office in January 2009, peaked at 10.6 percent from July 2009 to January 2010, and fell to 7.6 percent in February 2012.
          Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Just like you are an ardent liberal!
            yep, me and my buddy Joe, liberals both.

What do you have against individual liberty anyway? "we believe that people are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights" -- what is it about that statement that offends you so much?

do you seriously believe that people do not have any inherent rights? that "rights" are merely privileges granted by the state which can be revoked by the state at any time?
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

What do you have against individual liberty anyway? "we believe that people are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights" what is it about that statement that offends you so much?

do you seriously believe that people do not have any inherent rights? that "rights" are merely privileges granted by the state which can be revoked by the state at any time?
              When did you stop beating your wife?

Comment

When did you stop beating your wife?
                I beat her up every morning! I get up at 5:15 while she doesn't get up until 7.

on the other hand, I profess a belief in individual liberty and inalienable rights and you mock those beliefs. Ergo, because of your mockery, is it not reasonable to infer that you do not share those beliefs?. Consequently, I ask you what you do believe in, and you respond with japery.

Are you ashamed of your beliefs that you choose not to discuss them?
                Last edited by FreshFish; 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I beat her up every morning! I get up at 5:15 while she doesn't get up until 7.

on the other hand, I profess a belief in individual liberty and inalienable rights and you mock those beliefs. Ergo, because of your mockery, is it not reasonable to infer that you do not share those beliefs?. Consequently, I ask you what you do believe in, and you respond with japery.

Are you ashamed of your beliefs that you choose not to discuss them?
                  No, I've just deemed them irrelevant.
                  See? Two can play that game...

Comment

Aw, man, effin japery! Just when you're nearly convinced that there's nothing worth reading, some knucklehead says japery. Snort.
                    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

I'm also thinking at this point the GOP campaign should be coordinating with the state parties, particularly in swing states, to boost his chances. What is up with this war the knucks' seem to want to fight with Planned Parenthood (in this case in Ohio)? Most people use contraception, so unless crabby old guys are the only people who show up on election day I can't possibly see how this issue is a winner. Yet, they just won't let it go. If I'm Romney's campaign I'm telling these people to cut the $#^&. I can easily see where a ballot initiative against illegals is a political winner. Maybe against unions in some states. This one is a loser, and I'm a bit surprised from a political standpoint that it keeps getting pushed.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        my kids are telling me to get a "cellular telephone". You can bring it with you and telephone people from wherever you are. It seems like a waste of money to me, why would I want to telephone somebody?
                        I'll bet the cord gets all tangled, too.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

unless crabby old guys are the only people who show up on election day I can't possibly see how this issue is a winner.
                          You just answered your own question.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Hmmmm.
                            hmmm what? you realize that everyone who was counted as unemployed then, probably isn't anymore (whether working or not). gov statistics blow (and this is of course not blaming or excusing anyone).
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm also thinking at this point the GOP campaign should be coordinating with the state parties, particularly in swing states, to boost his chances. What is up with this war the knucks' seem to want to fight with Planned Parenthood (in this case in Ohio)? Most people use contraception, so unless crabby old guys are the only people who show up on election day I can't possibly see how this issue is a winner. Yet, they just won't let it go. If I'm Romney's campaign I'm telling these people to cut the $#^&. I can easily see where a ballot initiative against illegals is a political winner. Maybe against unions in some states. This one is a loser, and I'm a bit surprised from a political standpoint that it keeps getting pushed.
                              Um, there are plenty of people who are not for contraception in various ways. Depending on where they play this it could be good for them. There are plenty of very conservative people of both sexes (most of whom are past the age of worry) who don't think B.C is OK. Not what I believe but I think it is simplistic to dismiss an entire group of people. Even if people personally believe in BC they have very successfully managed to label PP as the provider of abortions, shh and that is enough to make them evil.

Comment

Bonehead, eh? "Maldives?" "Malvinas?" Who cares? The important point is he's apparantly selling out Great Britain to curry favor with. . .Argentina? Nice.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X