Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Was TDS right? Did Walker sign the bill that basically made it ok for employers to pay women less? (repealing the equal pay law) If so...what the hell can possibly be the justification for that? Better yet, how long until it is found Un-Constitutional even by the SCOTUS that includes Anthony Scalia?

I mean wow...
    You Cannot Be Serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
      Hey, some of us are rather fond of women. You're right though, the republican majority apparently hates them quite a bit. And it's only gonna get worse.
      The nomination fight is over, so they will backpedal, particularly since the contraception gambit blew up in their face.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Was TDS right? Did Walker sign the bill that basically made it ok for employers to pay women less? (repealing the equal pay law) If so...what the hell can possibly be the justification for that? Better yet, how long until it is found Un-Constitutional even by the SCOTUS that includes Anthony Scalia?

I mean wow...
        Because money is more important to men.

Comment

I mean wow...
          He signed the repeal of a bill from a few years ago that made it illegal to pay women differently than men for the same work I believe. Not sure what the political calculus is here, unless Walker doesn't like his job, sees the money Palin is making, and has decided he wants to get recalled so he can cash in on the right wing media circuit.

In other news, I didn't think this was possible, but somebody put forth an idea that will actually make The Mittster's car elevator a positive issue in the upcoming campaign. Its so simple, yet so effective...

All he needs to say is that he's installing the car elevator to make it easier to access the Batmobile! Mitt Romney = Bruce Wayne???
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You Cannot Be Serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I think Scalia is scum, but even HE has to see the inherent problems.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I mean wow...
              He has to do it now before he gets voted out of office. We're coming for you Scotty!
              1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Because money is more important to men.
                Men need to have the money so they can support the women and the children they'll be constantly pumping out.

Comment

Obviously I don't think Romney has a snowball's chance of coming within sniffing distance of winning the general election. He just doesn't have a strength, Obama's even got him beat "in the case of a terrorist attack", IMO.
                  But based on very limited exposure (I haven't really been paying attention), I'm impressed with the agility Romney has shown in throwing counterpunches. Obama went after his wife for not having a day job, he was taken down a peg for hating on women. Obama went after him for disrespecting a dog, he was called out for eating dogs. etc.
                  Other Republican candidates of the last 20 years or so have always stood around and absorbed the charges, whether true or false, for a few weeks before deciding if they wanted to retaliate. This is different. Or else Obama has just picked terrible battles so far.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    Obviously I don't think Romney has a snowball's chance of coming within sniffing distance of winning the general election. He just doesn't have a strength, Obama's even got him beat "in the case of a terrorist attack", IMO.
                    But based on very limited exposure (I haven't really been paying attention), I'm impressed with the agility Romney has shown in throwing counterpunches. Obama went after his wife for not having a day job, he was taken down a peg for hating on women. Obama went after him for disrespecting a dog, he was called out for eating dogs. etc.
                    Other Republican candidates of the last 20 years or so have always stood around and absorbed the charges, whether true or false, for a few weeks before deciding if they wanted to retaliate. This is different. Or else Obama has just picked terrible battles so far.
                    John Kerry didn't respond to the Swift Boat attacks until it was too late. It goes both ways.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      John Kerry didn't respond to the Swift Boat attacks until it was too late. It goes both ways.
                      Do you mean that national campaigns in general have learned to respond quickly to attacks large and small? It could be that. They seem to be career campaigners working for them, and this is the age of Twitter so it would make sense.

anyway the point was, I'm kind of looking for how Romney will respond to Barack's "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth."
                      Last edited by geezer; 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

I respect your commentary generally but this has as many untruths as a MinnFan post.

First, Obama's campaign had nothing to do with some commentator's comments about Romney's wife. Either you didn't know that or you're lying. I'll let you tell us which one it is.

Next, what planet are you on about Republicans not counterpunching? All Republicans are good at over the last 20 years is campaigning as their track record governing the country (Gingrich, Lott, Bush II, DeLay, The Boner, McConnell) has been disasterous. Somebody already brought up the 2004 campaign, but even in 2008 McCain tried to deflect charges of his idiotic support of the Iraq war by tying Obama to some fundraiser from 15 years earlier who used to be a radical 60's hippie peacenik type. While I think most current day Republicans tend to be idiots with few exceptions (Snowe, Collins, Graham, Christie, Lugar, etc) one thing they usually know how to do is run a good race.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

I'm kind of looking for how Romney will respond to Barack's "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth."
                          Wasn't it Ann Richards talking about GHWB and how he was born with a silver foot in his mouth?

Indeed, from Wikipedia:

Richards's keynote address to the 1988 Democratic National Convention put her in the national spotlight. The speech was highly critical of the Reagan Administration and then-Vice President George H. W. Bush. Her address was notable for including several humorous remarks displaying her down-home Texas charm[citation needed] such as: ""I'm delighted to be here with you this evening, because after listening to George Bush all these years, I figured you needed to know what a real Texas accent sounds like" or "Poor George, he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth,"
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I respect your commentary generally but this has as many untruths as a MinnFan post.

First, Obama's campaign had nothing to do with some commentator's comments about Romney's wife. Either you didn't know that or you're lying. I'll let you tell us which one it is.

Next, what planet are you on about Republicans not counterpunching? All Republicans are good at over the last 20 years is campaigning as their track record governing the country (Gingrich, Lott, Bush II, DeLay, The Boner, McConnell) has been disasterous. Somebody already brought up the 2004 campaign, but even in 2008 McCain tried to deflect charges of his idiotic support of the Iraq war by tying Obama to some fundraiser from 15 years earlier who used to be a radical 60's hippie peacenik type. While I think most current day Republicans tend to be idiots with few exceptions (Snowe, Collins, Graham, Christie, Lugar, etc) one thing they usually know how to do is run a good race.
                            I probably shouldn't use "Obama" as a stand-in for "the Obama campaign". But don't tell me the Ann Romney comments were not ill-advised talking points handed down from the campaign, I don't buy it. Today Obama himself is running around talking about silver spoons.
                            It's interesting that you perceive McCain and the repubs as being effective campaigners. There's another side to that story. If they were able to articulate and govern by basic conservative principles, the Democrat party would never win another election. If McCain had been able to show how Obummer was groomed into power by a terrorist that makes Tim McVeigh look like a mischievous neighbor boy, he wouldn't have won a single state (maybe Minnesota). I heard all about it on Rush.
                            So perceptions vary.

Comment

I probably shouldn't use "Obama" as a stand-in for "the Obama campaign". But don't tell me the Ann Romney comments were not ill-advised talking points handed down from the campaign, I don't buy it.
                              Buy what you'd like, but there's no way the Obama campaign wants to start a campaign against Ann Romney. It makes no sense, any more than Romney's campaign would want Limbaugh to go after another private citizen by calling her a slut. Your take on this is ridiculous.

If McCain had been able to show how Obummer was groomed into power by a terrorist that makes Tim McVeigh look like a mischievous neighbor boy, he wouldn't have won a single state (maybe Minnesota). I heard all about it on Rush.
                              So perceptions vary.
                              Ummm....okay....could you please try to work alien mind control into your theory next time? It makes it a lot more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Sorry you can't keep up but it doesn't mean I'll just let you smear me. Just becasue you don't agree with the facts or what has been proven historically doesn't mean its wrong. I just means you live with your head up a certain orifice.
                                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Working...
                                X