X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Sad Case of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    So he no longer wants to add an extra nickel and dime to the price of a pizza he's just going to part time employees? Which will actually force him to hire more employees to fill in those hours. I guess he's got some job creation going for him. Although he'll probably just make fewer work harder.

Kind of like that Applebees guy needing an extra 50 cents a sandwich. How poorly is your business doing when that's going to make or break your entire franchise?

Clearly these guys treating their employees as disposable assets is a good long term business plan.
    It's a pizza joint. The employees ARE disposable assets, whether the owner wants them to be or not.

Comment

I'm enjoying the public humiliation this guy is going through now. This is what these greedy a-holes deserve. Want to try to make a politcal statement to kiss butt with the minority party that's lost 4 out of the last 6 elections? Okay, but don't whine if some public scrutiny comes your way.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        obviously lots of you have never written a business plan, budget or understand bank covenants
        absence of knowledge, lack of experience, nothing stops a self-proclaimed know it all from opining.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

did I post this already? it might not have gone through.

why are health related companies - hospitals, medical device companies, pharms, etc - cutting their work forces? wont ObamaCare be being millions into the system? more demand should equal more supply. what am I not getting about?
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            did I post this already? it might not have gone through.

why are health related companies - hospitals, medical device companies, pharms, etc - cutting their work forces? wont ObamaCare be being millions into the system? more demand should equal more supply. what am I not getting about?
            Price rationing. Obama"care" is not about improving the quality of care it is about creating mass production lines. There is nothing in the law about "care;" the law is all about (attempts at) cost control.

Obama"care" is not bringing any new money into the system; it is merely shifting around existing funds. Cut from Medicare to apply it toward PPACA for example.

there actually is a "medical devices tax" making it more expensive to acquire equipment. backwards from what a rational person would want.
            Last edited by FreshFish; 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
              I've changed my mind, Papa Johns needs to cut employees. How else can he afford to keep his modest... castle. Or his 22 car underground garage with valet and carwash?

*****http://i.imgur.com/AeEbi.jpg******

Srsly? This ****er can't afford to spare any profit for his employees to have health care?
              Sweet house! But I don't think you understand business and specifically, profit margins in the food business, when you complain about it hurting the little guy. That cozy little castle may very well represent the difference between the average employee making $7.60 or $7.65 per hour. Not enough to make a difference in their lives individually (certainly not enough to buy health insurance!), but enough to buy a castle when you add it all up and manage it wisely (overseas accounts, invest in Brazil and China, etc. ).
              To say that sparing a bit of his profits could buy his employees health care only shows how ignorant you are. Think about what the goals of any business are, and what they ought to be. Then read some books on the topic. Then change your diet in support of your social convictions. Then come back and complain some more. I'm betting you won't.
              One of the important concepts you should learn is that if the aforementioned hypothetical $7.60 per hour were not enough to get the employees to want the job, they are welcome to work elsewhere for what the market will bear. We can assume that if the pay was $7.65, the chain would have a surplus of applicants for what they need.
              Last edited by geezer; 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                It's a pizza joint. The employees ARE disposable assets, whether the owner wants them to be or not.
                I don't think this dude has ever understood what goes into a balance sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Sweet house! But I don't think you understand business and specifically, profit margins in the food business, when you complain about it hurting the little guy. That cozy little castle may very well represent the difference between the average employee making $7.60 or $7.65 per hour. Not enough to make a difference in their lives individually (certainly not enough to buy health insurance!), but enough to buy a castle when you add it all up and manage it wisely (overseas accounts, invest in Brazil and China, etc. ).
                  To say that sparing a bit of his profits could buy his employees health care only shows how ignorant you are. Think about what the goals of any business are, and what they ought to be. Then read some books on the topic. Then change your diet in support of your social convictions. Then come back and complain some more. I'm betting you won't.
                  One of the important concepts you should learn is that if the aforementioned hypothetical $7.60 per hour were not enough to get the employees to want the job, they are welcome to work elsewhere for what the market will bear. We can assume that if the pay was $7.65, the chain would have a surplus of applicants for what they need.
                  How dare you give a left-wing communist a trickle down lecture!

Comment

My wife has client that is a small business which employs a number of people with minimal skills. They are assembly jobs that require dexterity bit little knowledge. The owner has always gone well out of his way to treat his people well. He has a dilemma now. His faith will not allow him to buy insurance that pays for abortion. He is bringing suit on his own to be allowed to get insurance without that coverage. His only other option is to make everyone part time.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      My wife has client that is a small business which employs a number of people with minimal skills. They are assembly jobs that require dexterity bit little knowledge. The owner has always gone well out of his way to treat his people well. He has a dilemma now. His faith will not allow him to buy insurance that pays for abortion. He is bringing suit on his own to be allowed to get insurance without that coverage. His only other option is to make everyone part time.
                      The most obvious outcome to all this will be that the new normal will be working two or more part-time jobs (obviously with no benefits) to make up for the lost full time opportunities. We can all agree it sucks.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

What Papa Scrooge doesn't seem to realize is that his is not the only pizza joint in the country. That and his product isn't that great. He can launch a public campaign against his employees and then watch as his business bleeds away to his rivals. That's the beauty of public exposure of these idiots. Unlike most Republicans, he can't just move his operations over to China.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          What Papa Scrooge doesn't seem to realize is that his is not the only pizza joint in the country. That and his product isn't that great. He can launch a public campaign against his employees and then watch as his business bleeds away to his rivals. That's the beauty of public exposure of these idiots. Unlike most Republicans, he can't just move his operations over to China.
                          You're right of course, about the value and right of public protest and the crappiness of Papa John's etc. But just for the record, McDonald's is going gangbusters over in China. So you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            You're right of course, about the value and right of public protest and the crappiness of Papa John's etc. But just for the record, McDonald's is going gangbusters over in China. So you never know.
                            Do the Chinese like pizza? I never thought about that but I wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              The most obvious outcome to all this will be that the new normal will be working two or more part-time jobs (obviously with no benefits) to make up for the lost full time opportunities. We can all agree it sucks.

Gee, so our talented well-intentioned amateurs had no idea that unintended consequences might apply?

For those who know what PV=nrT means, they'll understand immediately.

Basically, there are interdependent variables; if you fix two numbers the third number is forced by the laws of nature. (this is about gas, not the political kind nor the biological kind, the physical kind). Out of Pressure, Volume, and Temperature, you can fix two of the three but the third is forced by nature.

In PPACA, they tried to fix all three of the comparable variables by statute. It is bound to fail. it is a mathematical necessity that it must fail. it is like King Canute ordering the tide to stop rising. you cannot override nature by law no matter how well-intentioned your purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Price rationing. Obama"care" is not about improving the quality of care it is about creating mass production lines. There is nothing in the law about "care;" the law is all about (attempts at) cost control.

Obama"care" is not bringing any new money into the system; it is merely shifting around existing funds. Cut from Medicare to apply it toward PPACA for example.

there actually is a "medical devices tax" making it more expensive to acquire equipment. backwards from what a rational person would want.
                                Really starting to like your postings more and more.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X