Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Just saw Sleepwalk With Me. Brilliant, brilliant movie. Liked it a lot more than The Master.
    Old Monster Records

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Are the ladies still planning their tea and crumpets party...my word someone tell Toby Keith's to put out the doilies for you all

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm dropping the kids off at the poo-, err a birthday party that starts at 6 - will see if they'll let me drop them off earlier.

Suck it, Handy.

Comment

Is this tomorrow or next week? I haven't been paying attention, which is quickly becoming the norm for me.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Is this tomorrow or next week? I haven't been paying attention, which is quickly becoming the norm for me.
            Next week.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I think I'm out if it's 6 pm. I can't get off early enough to make it.
              You could always, you know, go into work early.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I think I'm out for the Taken 2 get-together. I have a Fantasy College Hockey Draft to do and to administer. I think I'll still be there, I'll just stay at the bar and do my draft stuff (yes, I'm bringing my laptop to TK's) while you guys go to the mooooovie.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I think I'm out for the Taken 2 get-together. I have a Fantasy College Hockey Draft to do and to administer. I think I'll still be there, I'll just stay at the bar and do my draft stuff (yes, I'm bringing my laptop to TK's) while you guys go to the mooooovie.
                  For others: sounds like bbdl and I are meeting at TK's at about 5. Whoever is going to the movie/whatever, show up. We'll go from there.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Went and saw Looper this weekend. It was entertaining.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Traveled a bit last week, saw a bunch of movies on my flights:

Men In Black 3: So much potential and became a lazy movie. I thought they could have gone a few different, better directions with it and they didn't.

Moonrise Kingdom: Loved it, such a Wes Anderson movie, but it was well written, the characters were great, the way it was shot was excellent, and Jason Schwartzman stole the movie with his scenes.

Mirror, Mirror: Well written, decently executed. I thought Armie Hammer was terrible in it, and Julia Roberts was fine for the role. It kept my interest.

Dark Shadows: Typical Tim Burton movie. Started off entertaining and by the end I had no idea what the hell I was watching. Won't watch it again.

The Avengers: Enjoyed it quite a bit. Good writing by Joss Whedon, definitely a popcorn flick. Wasn't in love with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. I enjoyed the interaction between Thor and the rest of the group. Will likely see the next Thor movie in theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post

The Avengers: Enjoyed it quite a bit. Good writing by Joss Whedon, definitely a popcorn flick. Wasn't in love with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. I enjoyed the interaction between Thor and the rest of the group. Will likely see the next Thor movie in theaters.
                        Watching it right now and really enjoying it.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Looper is OK. The time travel portion was interesting (even if the backstory was laughable). The Loopers' relationship was enjoyable; the interaction with the woman was about as good as you'd expect from this sort of movie -- limp and predictable.

B/B minus
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finally saw Avengers this weekend.

I don't know how to put my finger on why I'm meh about this movie. Really liked some of the characters - Loki, Thor and of course Iron Man (Robert Downey is great) - but the movie left me flat. I think for one that it may have been the pacing. All of the action was at the end in one giant, (too) long protracted battle.

All of that action stuff was well done, but we've all seen that now a hundred times in a hundred other movies. It fails to impress or even engage if you haven't developed an affinity for the characters or actual peril. I mean, who thought any of the Avengers were actually in any danger of dying? Or even getting hurt?

Guess I'm the only voice of dissent on this as everyone else on here seemed to enjoy it. I'd say it was good, not great. As a footnote, my 14 year old son fell asleep about two thirds of the way through and missed the rest - and didn't bother to watch the end the next day.

The Hulk/Thor thing was very funny though.

Comment

The Love Guru must not be based on a true story since the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                The Love Guru must not be based on a true story since the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
                                Why are you watching that thing? I came across it once, after about three minutes the TV was on another channel.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X