Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

So, we're always way behind on movies as we don't typically go to the theater...

This weekend we watched:

The Dictator - I think Cohen might be running out of ideas. There was a good movie in there somewhere, but he went for the obvious a little too often. I was entertained, I guess, I certainly laughed a few times, but Borat and Bruno (especially Bruno) were much more funny to me.

Underworld Awakening - I liked this, maybe my favorite of the 4 so far. I know this franchise isn't great, but for some reason, I enjoy these movies. Bad CGI, plot holes you could drive a truck through... Could be Ms. Beckinsale.

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

I'm in the middle of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. My DVR screwed up somehow and froze in the middle of recording it. Is it even worth finishing? I swear, this movie tries to be pretentious but it's completely failing at that.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I'm in the middle of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. My DVR screwed up somehow and froze in the middle of recording it. Is it even worth finishing? I swear, this movie tries to be pretentious but it's completely failing at that.
        Max Von Sydow is cool, but I wouldn't really bother.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Sydow's character has been the only redeeming part of the movie. The kid makes me want to run to the nearest living thing and kill it.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Sydow's character has been the only redeeming part of the movie. The kid makes me want to run to the nearest living thing and kill it.
            Will you have to run 80 miles? And if you're going 80 mph, how long will it take you to run that far?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Will you have to run 80 miles? And if you're going 80 mph, how long will it take you to run that far?
              I'm going to hit you with my car going 80 mph.
              Code:

Comment

Watched Searching for Sonny last night. The story is meh and predictable, but the characters are great. Jason Dohring is pretty good, but Nick Kocher and Brian MacElhaney steal the movie. Kind of dumb movie, but if you have nothing better to watch, it's worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I'm going to hit you with my car going 80 mph.
                  You should be able to do that before the hour is up if you're only 80 miles away.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    You should be able to do that before the hour is up if you're only 80 miles away.
                    Unless I can run a mile in 9 minutes.
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Unless I can run a mile in 9 minutes.
                      Just cut it in half.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Just cut it in half.
                        No, tire size makes a difference...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

As part of my attempt to watch more of the classic movies, I watched Casablanca tonight. The first 3 I watched were Hitchcock movies and none of them really resonated with me, so I wanted to change it up and try something different. I thought Casablanca was very good, I'd put it ahead of all of the 3 Hitchcock movies I watched. It took a little while to build, but really not long enough for me to really care, since that is just what many good movies do. I'm now more encouraged that I'll enjoy many older movies, so I should keep mixing them into my queue. Any suggestions on what I should tackle next?
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

As part of my attempt to watch more of the classic movies, I watched Casablanca tonight. The first 3 I watched were Hitchcock movies and none of them really resonated with me, so I wanted to change it up and try something different. I thought Casablanca was very good, I'd put it ahead of all of the 3 Hitchcock movies I watched. It took a little while to build, but really not long enough for me to really care, since that is just what many good movies do. I'm now more encouraged that I'll enjoy many older movies, so I should keep mixing them into my queue. Any suggestions on what I should tackle next?
                            What 3 Hithcock's did you watch?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

To Kill A Mockingbird
                              On The Waterfront
                              obviously any old Eastwood western
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                What 3 Hithcock's did you watch?
                                Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest. Out of the 3 I liked Vertigo the most, then Rear Window with North by Northwest my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're bad, they just didn't pull me in like Casablanca did.

Edit:
                                Also I have watched some other classics, just not recently, since I decided to start watching more. Others I've seen are: The Birds (which I really like, but I don't think its generally held in the same regard as the 3 Hitchcock's above), Wizard of Oz (obviously), The Bridge on the River Kwai, Psycho, Patton (though, I'm planning to re-watch these last 2), True Grit

Brent, actually, I was thinking maybe a John Wayne western.
                                Last edited by bigblue_dl; 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X