Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I remember hearing a Bobcat Goldthwait interview on the KQ Morning Show a while back about this movie, but I never gave it a second thought. I have to admit, Bobcat actually did something funny.
    The way he did the TV shows when whatshisname was channel surfing was genius, because it was exactly what its like if you flip through certain channels.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      The way he did the TV shows when whatshisname was channel surfing was genius, because it was exactly what its like if you flip through certain channels.
      Indeed. He did really capture the average fed-up American citizen attitude/behaviors. It was kinda like watching Old Pio in real life.

And "In Bruges," I agree. It was decent but not great.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

God Bless America was Natural Born Killers if it wasn't written on acid.

Bobcat did steal a line from Jackie Brown though.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Good lord, they're remaking Red Dawn with North Koreans as the bad guys?

Hollywood really has run out of ideas, hasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Good lord, they're remaking Red Dawn with North Koreans as the bad guys?

Hollywood really has run out of ideas, hasn't it?
            What's new? They were doing remakes of movies constantly in the old days.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              What's new? They were doing remakes of movies constantly in the old days.
              That's true. Pretty much every large box office movie was remade every decade in the teens, 20's, 30's and 40's.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                That's true. Pretty much every large box office movie was remade every decade in the teens, 20's, 30's and 40's.
                I suppose it's only reasonable to note that those were also the days of no VHS/DVD/Blu-ray/Home streaming, but I stand by the notion that remakes aren't as big a deal as people say.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  I suppose it's only reasonable to note that those were also the days of no VHS/DVD/Blu-ray/Home streaming, but I stand by the notion that remakes aren't as big a deal as people say.
                  I think it's the fact they're remaking movies that weren't even large hits to begin with. See Total Recall, Red Dawn, and to a lesser extent, The Karate Kid.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    I think it's the fact they're remaking movies that weren't even large hits to begin with. See Total Recall, Red Dawn, and to a lesser extent, The Karate Kid.
                    I think a lot of the early Hollywood remakes were driven off the success of stage plays. Just as it's not at all unusual to have Revues, Hollywood and Broadway would alternate with a screenplay, often using many of the same actors.

Also, a lot of stories were retold in the progression play --> silent movie --> b&w soundie --> color.

So everybody get ready for all those Tyler Perry movies being reshot in 3D.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 08-14-2012, 08:27 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well **** if they're redoing all this they might as well go with Roadhouse and Point Break.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Well **** if they're redoing all this they might as well go with Roadhouse and Point Break.
                        **** your thoughts Man!!!!
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Reboot Terminator!!!!!

*Runs and hides*
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Star Wars Episodes 7, 8, & 9. All focused on the life and times of Jar-Jar Binks.

Don't laugh, people would pay to see that trainwreck.

Comment

Just learned that NETFLIX has the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries available on streaming if anyone wants to check them out.... Finally going to get to see PONY EXCESS here in just a few minutes...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Spike could just run the 4 of them and the 2 Red Dawns back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back on a loop!

Comment

Working...
                                X