Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by duper View Post
    I put in a dvd. The previews included the re-release of Titanic and the remake of Footloose. It made it very difficult to let the disc keep playing and watch the movie. Hopefully it will be better than the presence of those 2 previews on the dvd would suggest. (The movie, for the record, is Hugo, which I am watching because I very thoroughly enjoyed the book upon which it is based.)
    How was it? I loved the book, but haven't had a chance to watch the movie.

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

The opening part of Indy 4 was awesome, in the warehouse. It was like old school Indy. After he got out of the warehouse, it sucked donkey balls. 1 and 3 were great, 2 was very meh.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I thought that the 3rd one was the best. With the 1st being somewhat close behind. I hated the second one, and the 4th was worse than that. After the fridge, yuck.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          The grocery bill for feeding Calista Flockhart is huge.
          Ouch.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The new Wes Anderson movie (Moonrise Kingdom) is a Wes Anderson movie. That is to say, I liked it quite a bit.
            Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
              The new Wes Anderson movie (Moonrise Kingdom) is a Wes Anderson movie. That is to say, I liked it quite a bit.
              So, if Tenebaums was the best, Aquatic was average, and Darjeeling was the worst (just roll with it, for the sake of my question): Where does this movie fall on that scale?
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                So, if Tenebaums was the best, Aquatic was average, and Darjeeling was the worst (just roll with it, for the sake of my question): Where does this movie fall on that scale?
                In your completely messed up scale:

It's not as good as Tenenbaums (even though Rushmore's the best by a large margin). I'd say it has a very similar feel and sensibility to Aquatic, but it is better executed on pretty much all aspects. So it's some where between Tenenbaums and Aquatic, and, judging by your rankings, closer to the Aquatic side for you. You'd enjoy it, but either see it in a cheap seats theater or wait for DVD.
                Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  If Harrison Ford needs money that bad then we are all screwed
                  Most of his money has gone up in smoke, so to speak.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

In your completely messed up scale:

It's not as good as Tenenbaums (even though Rushmore's the best by a large margin). I'd say it has a very similar feel and sensibility to Aquatic, but it is better executed on pretty much all aspects. So it's some where between Tenenbaums and Aquatic, and, judging by your rankings, closer to the Aquatic side for you. You'd enjoy it, but either see it in a cheap seats theater or wait for DVD.
                    I was just going by what I thought of those three movies. Others may rank those movies differently, I'm sure. Haven't seen Rushmore, it's one of those ones that I keep meaning to see.

Comment

Life Aquatic was a terrible movie. Not as terrible as Disney's Blackhole, but still.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Daniel Day Lewis in full Lincoln mode:
                        *****http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484132_10151125493175339_459374243_n.jpg******

Comment

I'd have to imagine that Daniel Day Lewis will go utterly insane if he ever retires from acting. He won't know who he is.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I was just going by what I thought of those three movies. Others may rank those movies differently, I'm sure. Haven't seen Rushmore, it's one of those ones that I keep meaning to see.
                            Even I've seen Rushmore. Pretty good movie.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Even I've seen Rushmore. Pretty good movie.
                              A bunch of other movies keep getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                                How was it? I loved the book, but haven't had a chance to watch the movie.
                                Umm... I don't know. It wasn't bad, but I certainly didn't like it nearly as well as I liked the book. I was actually sort of hoping that somehow the drawings from the book could be incorporated into the movie. Ben Kingsley was (of course) good as Georges Melies, and I actually kind of enjoyed Sacha Baron Cohen as the station inspector. I would go ahead and watch it, but don't expect to be blown away.
                                agreed
                                Last edited by duper; 08-09-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X