Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I actually secretly enjoy previews. It drives Mrs. EoDS nuts.
    As it would anyone with any sense whatsoever.

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      If it was great, I woulda heard about it by now.
      It is great, you should have heard about it. In fact, I think I have talked about it before in front of you.

Act of Valor is awesome. Great movie. The acting leaves much to be desired, but they're actual special forces dudes, so I give them a complete pass on their acting abilities.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Secret in Their Eyes (El secreto de sus ojos). Argentine film about a retired investigator that can't let go of an unsolved case and long lost love 25 years after he left them both. Lots of twists and even though you could sense things weren't as they seemed it had me guessing throughout. Wonderful.

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens. Stupid.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Mob week on AMC. An excuse to watch Godfather 1 again, which is good, but also a reminder that AMC runs commercials about 45 out of each 60 minutes.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Your mistake was to watch it while using your brain. It's a dumb movie, and and you should be on the verge of having some spittle drooling down your chin while watching the movie. Then it's not so bad.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I still have no idea what Harrison Ford was thinking...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  *****http://www.wpclipart.com/money/bag_of_money.png******
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Harrison Ford needs money that bad then we are all screwed
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If Harrison Ford needs money that bad then we are all screwed
                      The grocery bill for feeding Calista Flockhart is huge.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        He was still hungover from the Indy IV shoot.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

As bad as Indy 4 was...Cowboys and Aliens was way worse! (WE NEED THE GOLD!!)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As bad as Indy 4 was...Cowboys and Aliens was way worse! (WE NEED THE GOLD!!)
                            No, C&A had a sense of humor and good first 30 minutes. I-4 was crap every minute of the way through. I-4 was worse than I-2. Think about that. That's as if they did 2 more Caddyshack movies and the last one was actually worse than C-2.

But we're comparing a D to an F, here.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 08-06-2012, 04:12 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              No, C&A had a sense of humor and good first 30 minutes. I-4 was crap every minute of the way through. I-4 was worse than I-2. Think about that. That's as if they did 2 more Caddyshack movies and the last one was actually worse than C-2.

I actually found Indy IV to be far less boring. And it gave us "nuke the fridge". It's the kind of fiasco that can at least amuse you in how awful it is. Cowboys and Aliens, despite its great concept is just terrible in a really boring, generic way.

Also: I'm starting to notice a pattern in Paul Dano's roles where he's always playing the most annoying, poorly written cartoon of a ********* in any given movie that he's in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

With an A in between. Indy 3 was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X