Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Dark City:

It's some sort of weird sci-fi/noir hybrid. It's f*ed up. I didn't care for it when it was all said and done. Just too much going on to really hook the viewer, IMO. It's this, no, it's this, but it's kind of this, now we're back to this. Blah.

Interesting story, but again, execution of the story is the key here, and I think they failed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
      Why else create a character for JGL?
      That is definitely the hot rumor out there...especially with how much he is in the trailer.

Thing is though usually you do that if you plan to continue the series but Nolan wont direct another Bat Flick he said. (he will help produce them like he is the new Superman movie) The Nolan-verse doesnt really allow for the addition of any other heroes and I have to believe that WB wants to continue to expand their movie-verse with how much Avengers is about to make. (even if Green Lantern was a disappointment) If there is ever even a shot at a Justice League movie there needs to be a Batman but I dont see a Nolan version of that working.

Who knows, but since Bane's purpose in the comics was to break the Bat I like that it seems in this movie he is going to break the Bat. I wonder if he will figure out who Batman is like he did in the comics...always loved that he was smart enough to do that.

*****http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60216/1616631-bbane_super.jpg******
      Last edited by Handyman; 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And remember that Nolan has misdirected us quite a bit in the past with this trilogy (especially in The Dark Knight) with the rumor of a main character getting killed, and then the goose chase with the Commish in that second chapter.

Edit: and remember the rumors of Mr Reese? (Mister Reese/Mysteries/Riddler?)
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Nolan has played it perfect...the trailers tell just enough but almost nothing, the actors say nothing and viral campaigns/word of mouth keeps the movie around longer than they have any right to be! I mean Batman Begins had a pretty laid back opening but word of mouth kept it in the top 5 movies every week for months. Then the viral campaign for TDK went on for a year before that movie came out and had people drooling. For all the mistakes WB has made the last few years with movies they revitalized Batman to perfection.

Hopefully Nolan being the head of Man of Steel will bring Superman back from the dead too.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Nolan has played it perfect...the trailers tell just enough but almost nothing, the actors say nothing and viral campaigns/word of mouth keeps the movie around longer than they have any right to be! I mean Batman Begins had a pretty laid back opening but word of mouth kept it in the top 5 movies every week for months. Then the viral campaign for TDK went on for a year before that movie came out and had people drooling. For all the mistakes WB has made the last few years with movies they revitalized Batman to perfection.

Hopefully Nolan being the head of Man of Steel will bring Superman back from the dead too.
            Agreed. He has let the fans (and fanboys) do all the dirty work. I'm undecided on the new Superman. The last new one was okay, I suppose. It's just hard to replace the Kneel Before Zod days. Those were phenomenal movies (the first 2, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              And remember that Nolan has misdirected us quite a bit in the past with this trilogy (especially in The Dark Knight) with the rumor of a main character getting killed, and then the goose chase with the Commish in that second chapter.

Edit: and remember the rumors of Mr Reese? (Mister Reese/Mysteries/Riddler?)
              I should be over it, but I wish the Riddler was the villain and not Bane. Riddler would've been an excellent follow up to The Joker.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                I should be over it, but I wish the Riddler was the villain and not Bane. Riddler would've been an excellent follow up to The Joker.
                I would have liked to see how he did that, but as a very casual (comic) fan (I didn't know who Bane was until this all came about), I'm more intrigued by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Dark City:

It's some sort of weird sci-fi/noir hybrid. It's f*ed up. I didn't care for it when it was all said and done. Just too much going on to really hook the viewer, IMO. It's this, no, it's this, but it's kind of this, now we're back to this. Blah.

Interesting story, but again, execution of the story is the key here, and I think they failed.
                  Eh, I kinda like it. They probably could have executed better, but it's one of the old chestnut premises and this one played it out OK for me. I think it will be ripe for remake in say 10 years.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speaking of Proyas films, did anyone else secretly really like Knowing?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      That is definitely the hot rumor out there...especially with how much he is in the trailer.
                      io9 did a shot by shot breakdown of the trailer (talk about the fanboys doing all the work, right?). It was claimed there that some of the shots of Batman actually might have had JGL behind the mask.

As for Bane finding out who Batman is, I think there's a quick shot or two of Bane holding Batman's cowl in the new trailer.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        io9 did a shot by shot breakdown of the trailer (talk about the fanboys doing all the work, right?). It was claimed there that some of the shots of Batman actually might have had JGL behind the mask.

As for Bane finding out who Batman is, I think there's a quick shot or two of Bane holding Batman's cowl in the new trailer.
                        io9 does stuff like that but I will believe it when I see it

There is a shot of Bane throwing away the cowl in the trailer but that is rather ambiguous. Maybe it came off in the fight or something. In the comics Bane goes to Wayne Manor, breaks into the Bat Cave and then gets Batman. Of course in the comics Batman is still active and in this it seems Batman is "retired".
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Speaking of Proyas films, did anyone else secretly really like Knowing?
                          I always felt it was a "what might have been" if they'd gotten an actor with talent. Not a bad story idea.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey now. Are you really going to ignore talent like this?

******* width="640" height="360">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EUiHEv5occ&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EUiHEv5occ&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360">

Not the bees! AHHHHHHH Ahgarbulagabah my eyes! my eyes! AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHhhhurgh!

Comment

Hey now. Are you really going to ignore talent like this?
                              "I'm like a prickly pear."
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I always felt it was a "what might have been" if they'd gotten an actor with talent. Not a bad story idea.
                                Maybe an ok idea, but Nicholas Cage was hardly the worst part about it. And it's not like there aren't 1000's of movies that aren't a bad story idea but still suck for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X