Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by duper View Post
    1st part was my favorite.
    Just seemed to have more character depth, not a lot of run and gunning compared to part 2.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Actually its a cheesy movie
      You don't say?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Maria Full of Grace. Foreign language film about a girl in Columbia that decides to become a mule and the tribulations of such. It wasn't terrible, but I was left wanting more throughout and in the end. I'm back on a foreign language kick and believe my next 10 or so in queue are that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Maria Full of Grace. Foreign language film about a girl in Columbia that decides to become a mule and the tribulations of such. It wasn't terrible, but I was left wanting more throughout and in the end. I'm back on a foreign language kick and believe my next 10 or so in queue are that.
          I hate it when I go on a kick, and queue up a whole bunch of movies along some theme, but then when they come up, three months later, I don't feel like watching them anymore.

Comment

Recently bought a Marx Brothers box set--five movies I'll watch the rest of my life: The Cocoanuts, Animal Crackers, Monkey Business, Horse Feathers and Duck Soup. Last night I watched Horse Feathers for the umpteenth time. I love it when Chico sings and plays: HERE
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
              Recently bought a Marx Brothers box set--five movies I'll watch the rest of my life: The Cocoanuts, Animal Crackers, Monkey Business, Horse Feathers and Duck Soup. Last night I watched Horse Feathers for the umpteenth time. I love it when Chico sings and plays: HERE
              The rest of your life? That's grim. You should occasionally take a break and go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                The rest of your life? That's grim. You should occasionally take a break and go for a walk.
                ...periodically throughout the rest of my life...

They are pretty timeless and I always enjoy watching them.
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Cabin in the Woods was great. I lost count at about the 500th reference.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Cabin in the Woods was great. I lost count at about the 500th reference.
                    I've heard a LOT of good things about this movie. Of course, the critics are little help: they've pretty much said en masse that this is a great movie that they can't describe/review, because it'd give it away. I'm definitely intrigued.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I've heard a LOT of good things about this movie. Of course, the critics are little help: they've pretty much said en masse that this is a great movie that they can't describe/review, because it'd give it away. I'm definitely intrigued.
                      "The surprise" is not that important. For whatever combination of psychological illnesses I knew exactly where the movie was going within the first 15 minutes, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's great just standing on its own, but if you've wasted a few thousand hours of your life watching the genre, it is immense fun. It's sort of a love letter to the entire history of horror films.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        "The surprise" is not that important. For whatever combination of psychological illnesses I knew exactly where the movie was going within the first 15 minutes, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's great just standing on its own, but if you've wasted a few thousand hours of your life watching the genre, it is immense fun. It's sort of a love letter to the entire history of horror films.
                        You liked Cabin in the Woods? Handy's going to hate it.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I thought Brent was my movie evil twin?
                          Cornell University

Comment

I want to see the movie...but Kepler liking it does give me pause
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I want to see the movie...but Kepler liking it does give me pause
                              I figured you'd avoid it for the Joss Whedon factor alone.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I figured you'd avoid it for the Joss Whedon factor alone.
                                I am very conflicted I wont lie

I will probably wait a couple weeks though...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X