Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

The Hangover 2 was the exact same movie as the first one, but I still laughed my *** off.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

I thought I hated the movie, but changed my mind. Mike Tyson singing One Night in Bangkok was worth the price of admission.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That's true. I couldn't think of anything except the Hope/Crosby "Road" movies. Maybe the Pink Panther movies.
        I actually thought the second Austin Powers stunk and it felt like leftover jokes from the first, but for the third they actually put effort into it.

The 2nd American Pie was almost as good, not so much the third. I hope the fourth will be OK.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Christmas Vacation! Come one, those Vacation movie sequels were hilarious.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Christmas Vacation! Come one, those Vacation movie sequels were hilarious.
            Actually, European Vacation was the sequel. Christmas Vacation was the third.
            I didn't mind "Be Cool" (sequel to "Get Shorty").

And technically, "My Blue Heaven" is the sequel to "Goodfellas."

From imdb:
            Loosely based on the life of Henry Hill, the same man who was the basis of Goodfellas, after he went into witness protection program. The films' respective writers, Nicolas Pileggi and Nora Ephron, are husband and wife.

Nicolas Pileggi wrote "Wiseguy" which "Goodfellas" is based on.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Had a bad movie night. On purpose.

Superman IV and Troll 2. Hadn't seen either. Wish I hadn't watched them, although Troll 2 is entertaining enough to maybe purchase for lulz when drinking with friends. Both are soooooo bad. Horrid. The one difference? Superman IV tried to be good. My Parise it's bad. "Mars Attacks!"/"Tropic Thunder" bad.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Wish I hadn't watched them, although Troll 2 is entertaining enough to maybe purchase for lulz when drinking with friends.
                Never trust strange women who seduce men with ears of corn.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Never trust strange women who seduce men with ears of corn.
                  Well, that explains that one date I had...

I feel the need to watch "Plan 9 From Outer Space" again just to get back into quality movies. Just sayin'.

Comment

Honest question: has there ever been a good sequel comedy?
                    Wayne's World 2 is the best I could think of.

That's a fairly low bar.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Honest question: has there ever been a good sequel comedy?
                      Clerks 2?

I know Kevin Smith movies are not everyone's cup of tea, but I found that one very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott W View Post
                        Clerks 2?
                        Correct.

Comment

Clerks 2 is also helped by the fact that it was what? 10+ years later and was not done by a studio simply because the first was successful. It stands on its own without clerks...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Clerks 2 is also helped by the fact that it was what? 10+ years later and was not done by a studio simply because the first was successful. It stands on its own without clerks...
                            That whole cycle of Clerks-Mallrats-Chasing Amy-Dogma-J&SB Strike Back-Clerks II was quite solid, not cinematic classics by any measure but no complete duds either.

Comment

Finally saw "The Magnificent Ambersons," which a lot of critics think is up there with "Citizen Kane." Gotta admit, I thought it was just a period potboiler.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Snoozed through The Rum Diary yesterday. Giovanni Ribisi's character made me laugh, and holy effing Moses Amber Heard is hot.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X