Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Aliens? Really?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

*****http://i41.tinypic.com/2jcyrso.jpg******
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

My inner 5 year old is angered beyond belief.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I'm pretty sure Michael Bay knows exactly what he's doing.

*****http://www.framwinkle.com/Forum/pics/PluckyMcDuck.jpg******
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How is possible to 'ruin' something like TMNT?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I didn't get into them. It is just Michael Bay's history that makes me shake my head.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vx7dt0Wscpc?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vx7dt0Wscpc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A handful of parts from the 2nd and the entire 3rd movie.

Rewatched the first, I forgot how dark it was compared to the general sentiment about TMNT. Which I think can be summed up by this.

Comment

I have some of the original comics, and they were indeed dark.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It is pretty wild to think of how dark the first film was, considering how much I loved it when I was five.

Comment

Yeah. They're turtles.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I have some of the original comics, and they were indeed dark.
                        true, but they were still mutants who evolved after getting into the Ooze. Aliens from the planet Halfshell?? Ick!!!!

Film yourself exploding Micheal Bay!!!!

Although I would have plenty of faith in him casting some eye candy to be April.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I wonder if there's a way to not watch a movie you don't think will be good. Hmm.....
                          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                            I wonder if there's a way to not watch a movie you don't think will be good. Hmm.....
                            Get off my lawn! (that sums it up)

As for the comics, I bought them as investment (Eastman And Laird only). Oops.

But I did read them, to see what the hype was about, and they were not bad. Too bad I'll have to sit on them for a few decades.....
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saw Hunger Games at a matinee screening today, pretty good adaptation, all things considered. Probably as violent as it could have been without bumping into the 'R' rating, which would kill it. A few nits to pick with various things left out from the book or added in that were not in the source material, but generally not too bad. Thankfully the shaky camera look and quick cuts in the first part of the movie set in District 12 was not used throughout, as I'm not sure my stomach would've lasted the entire 142 minute running time if it had.

The one thing my wife and I both complained about is that they really seem to kiddify the main character, for lack of a better term. While in the book she seems to be fairly proactive and thinking a few steps ahead, in the movie she seems to be constantly reacting and somewat succeeding primarily on blind luck and/or solely the help of others. They didn't make it readily apparent she was main provider for her family at home outside of a 10 second conversation with the mother after she was picked, and they changed one fairly important scene in a "Han shoots first/second" kind of manner - Instead of having her kill the boy who killed Rue in cold blood for revenge, the movie makes it a bang-bang self-defense kind of kill, with Rue dying in the cross-fire.

We both think it's mainly a product of Hollywood and/or the MPAA board overall mentality that kids in movies, especially heroes and heroines, cannot ever act in a negative manner. And they absolutely cannot act truly independent from the adults in their lives - take the Harry Potter movies, for instance. The kids are a lot more reliant on the help and advise of the adults in the movies than they are in the books. It seems like this occurred here to some extent, as well. While the books present Katniss as a strong-willed and wily, the movie removes a decent chunk of the wit and guile.
                              Last edited by unofan; 03-25-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X