Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

    I am watching Gung Ho...no matter how many times I see it I still love it!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I am watching Gung Ho...no matter how many times I see it I still love it!
      This. I love it too. I remember a while back I was searching through netflix and it was on instant watch so I immediately watched it. Then within like a week it was on AMC or something so I watched it again. There are a lot of movies that are that "when its on you have to watch it" type movies and most of them are ones you would expect. Gung Ho is one of the more random ones that is on that list for me along with WarGames.

      Comment


      • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

        Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
        This. I love it too. I remember a while back I was searching through netflix and it was on instant watch so I immediately watched it. Then within like a week it was on AMC or something so I watched it again. There are a lot of movies that are that "when its on you have to watch it" type movies and most of them are ones you would expect. Gung Ho is one of the more random ones that is on that list for me along with WarGames.
        *****http://turbo.paulstamatiou.com/uploads/2010/12/wargames_falken.jpg******

        I have seen Wargames EASILY 100 times
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

          *****http://verkoren.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/directed_by_michael_bay_none_other.gif?w=614******

          Comment


          • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

            Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            *****http://turbo.paulstamatiou.com/uploads/2010/12/wargames_falken.jpg******

            I have seen Wargames EASILY 100 times
            If you think about it, that movie was so far ahead of its time.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Finally started watching the Bourne series. The one thing I hate? The average shot length. Per IMDB, the second movie had an average shot length of 1.9 seconds. And I think that's an overstatement. Horrible. I love the story, the acting, etc, but JFC enough with the MTV shaky camera editing. It's a terrible thing. Terrible.
              I actually thought it was one of the better uses of "fast editing/handheld shots" out there. It gives you the kinetic energy, but there's just enough wide shots to establish scenery and space that it's not disorienting. Although I suppose if the speed of it is too jarring, there's not a lot that can really change your opinion of it.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

              BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


              At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

              Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

              Comment


              • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Finally started watching the Bourne series. The one thing I hate? The average shot length. Per IMDB, the second movie had an average shot length of 1.9 seconds. And I think that's an overstatement. Horrible. I love the story, the acting, etc, but JFC enough with the MTV shaky camera editing. It's a terrible thing. Terrible.
                Agree big time. It almost makes me tune out during the big action scenes because it's shaking so bad it's difficult to see what's actually happening.

                Comment


                • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                  I think you guys need to upgrade your sense of vision.

                  Didn't bother me one bit, just added to the feel of what was happening in those moments.
                  the state of hockey is good

                  Comment


                  • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    I think you guys need to upgrade your sense of vision.

                    Didn't bother me one bit, just added to the feel of what was happening in those moments.
                    ^This

                    Comment


                    • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                      Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I think you guys need to upgrade your sense of vision.

                      Didn't bother me one bit, just added to the feel of what was happening in those moments.
                      That's the point. I couldn't feel what was happening because I couldn't see the screen since it was jumping all over the place.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                        The only time it bothered me was in Supremacy...but to be fair that was not a very good movie

                        The director does a much better job in Ultimatum which is a movie I cannot turn off if I see it is on tv
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                          New Hobbit trailer

                          http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...170215799.html
                          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                            What is "The Master" about? I can't tell from the TV ads.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

                            Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                            Comment


                            • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                              Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              What is "The Master" about? I can't tell from the TV ads.
                              Scientology being a cult.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                              RIP - Kirby

                              Comment


                              • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Scientology being a cult.
                                Merely as a backdrop and not nearly the whole of the story.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X