Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's amazing how many terrible movies in the IMDB Bottom 100 become hilarious when under the influence.
    Not "Who's Your Caddy?", though.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The Spy would be great. Also, the bombs.

*****http://chrisglass.com/journal/images/2006/0212-stratego.jpg******

Fun fact: Mulder is playing Stratego with his sister when she is abducted.
      I'm sorry but that is not a good Stratego setup. You could breeze through and get the flag with just a couple of pieces.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        I'm sorry but that is not a good Stratego setup. You could breeze through and get the flag with just a couple of pieces.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Continue.
        I agree completely. He buried his Scouts and didn't allow any channel for his Colonel to get to the attacker. Pim Niemeijer would not be pleased.

*****http://www.tsjef.nl/wcstratego/426505120_5_hM5d.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg******
        Last edited by Kepler; 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Oh Christ, Handy, get off your soapbox. Nobody is saying that. We are saying it's trash and dagnabit trash can be fun. That's not your tiresome narrative, but too bad.
          I think you completely misread my point...get the ivy out of your eyes and try again

Just say you like trash...we know you watch the Bachelor so it isnt exactly a secret

I love that johnnypohlfan pimpslapped Kepler with his own post that he said he never made
          Last edited by Handyman; 09-14-2012, 04:43 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            Seriously...the movie is pure brilliance! There is a better chance they were all just drunk and doing the scenes than there was a script of any kind!

Cowboys and Aliens...the movie you watch if you want your brain to not only shut off, but go into kill screen mode. I hope you have a lot of booze on hand because no amount of scrubbing can wash away the stink so you might as well cover it with mass quantities of booze!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Handy, i love Hudson Hawk and so does the Mrs.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Gives me chills:

Comment

Excessive melodrama of course, but likely Oscar material if done in a tearfully tasteful manner.

If they really did use Team of Rivals as a source in more than one or two scenes, then I'm sold. That was a good biography.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Gives me chills:
                    I was completely underwhelmed by it. Maybe because The Master's teasers and trailers were so on point and intense, but I was expecting a lot more than the schmaltzy pap that was presented.
                    Old Monster Records

Comment

Well it is no Battleship so obviously it underwhelmed you
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                        I was completely underwhelmed by it. Maybe because The Master's teasers and trailers were so on point and intense, but I was expecting a lot more than the schmaltzy pap that was presented.
                        Meh. I found it compelling.

Comment

Of Gods and Men. It's a French drama about an Algerian monastery several monks lived in peace until events began to take place around them in 1996 during the Algerian Civil War. Not for everyone given the pace but it was very moving.

Don't be Afraid of the Dark. Standard horror fare with Guy Pearce and Katie Holmes. There are a few creepy moments, but there is nothing remarkable in the film and Guy Pearce was downright awful.

Comment

Finally started watching the Bourne series. The one thing I hate? The average shot length. Per IMDB, the second movie had an average shot length of 1.9 seconds. And I think that's an overstatement. Horrible. I love the story, the acting, etc, but JFC enough with the MTV shaky camera editing. It's a terrible thing. Terrible.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Gives me chills:

Where are the vampires?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Where are the vampires?
                                They don't show on film.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X