Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Rade was awesome in Eurotrip
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Contraband:

Ok, suspend your belief. Check. Still, one part of the ending is so ridiculous it just about ruined the rest of the movie. I'll just say the wife is involved, so as not to spoil it. Other than that, decent convoluted twisty turny popcorn movie. Worth wasting your time watching.

And Rade was also good as the bum in Batman Begins.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I put in a dvd. The previews included the re-release of Titanic and the remake of Footloose. It made it very difficult to let the disc keep playing and watch the movie. Hopefully it will be better than the presence of those 2 previews on the dvd would suggest. (The movie, for the record, is Hugo, which I am watching because I very thoroughly enjoyed the book upon which it is based.)

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          I put in a dvd. The previews included the re-release of Titanic and the remake of Footloose. It made it very difficult to let the disc keep playing and watch the movie. Hopefully it will be better than the presence of those 2 previews on the dvd would suggest. (The movie, for the record, is Hugo, which I am watching because I very thoroughly enjoyed the book upon which it is based.)
          I hate previews on DVDs. I can understand "rentals" like when you get a disc from Netflix, etc. But if you buy the DVD? Horrible. Usually you can skip the previews, which is nice.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I hate it when you try to skip and it gives you the "This function says eff you at this time" message.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              I hate it when you try to skip and it gives you the "This function says eff you at this time" message.
              Oh man, I despise that message.

Comment

I have to admit, while Anne Heche needs a spork to the eye, she's great in Wag The Dog, and more than passable in Donnie Brasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I hate previews on DVDs. I can understand "rentals" like when you get a disc from Netflix, etc. But if you buy the DVD? Horrible. Usually you can skip the previews, which is nice.
                  I got in the habit of watching the previews, or at least watching the first few seconds of each one, because I am really oblivious to movies that are out (it actually was news to me that they re-released Titanic) so I get suggestions that way. But yeah, I hate it when you buy one and it has seven previews on it, plus an ad for the soundtrack.
                  Yes. That function is evil indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    I got in the habit of watching the previews, or at least watching the first few seconds of each one, because I am really oblivious to movies that are out (it actually was news to me that they re-released Titanic) so I get suggestions that way. But yeah, I hate it when you buy one and it has seven previews on it, plus an ad for the soundtrack.
                    Yes. That function is evil indeed.
                    I'm enough of a movie geek, and my closest friend is a pure movie geek, that I hear enough about upcoming movies and such that it is an annoyance. Otherwise I may agree with your preview stance.

Comment

Double:

When I see a movie in theaters, I do love me some previews. I will admit that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I have to admit, while Anne Heche needs a spork to the eye, she's great in Wag The Dog, and more than passable in Donnie Brasco.
                        I didn't mind her in Cedar Rapids either.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

I didn't mind her in Cedar Rapids either.
                          I've heard about that movie. May have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I've heard about that movie. May have to check it out.
                            Cedar Rapids = good, not great
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Cedar Rapids = good, not great
                              If it was great, I woulda heard about it by now.

Comment

I actually secretly enjoy previews. It drives Mrs. EoDS nuts.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X