Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    You only need 1 movie to tell The Hobbit. That's nearly $60 in movies if you went to see all in 3D or Imax for a single book.
    As I understand it the movie is being made as a true prequel to The Lord of the Rings. Thus much of the backstory from Unfinished Tales, the appendices from The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, etc. will make it into the film(s).
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Nothing from the Silmarillion (exclusively) will be included as they don't have the movie rights to it. Too bad as there are a few good stand-alone movies in there - Beren & Luthien, Turin etc...

What the third movie will entail is unclear at this point. Will it be the "bridge" movie that they one time talked about spanning the sixty years from the end of the Hobbit till The Fellowship, or will they simply flesh out the Hobbit itself (more) with the (unseen) activities of Gandalf and the White Council taking on the Necromancer and searching for the Ring? (based on comments, it seems as though the latter is the more likely)

It's all good to me as I assume that Peter will turn out a product worthy of paying for (three times).
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 07-30-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Nothing from the Silmarillion (exclusively) will be included as they don't have the movie rights to it. Too bad as there are a few good stand-alone movies in there - Beren & Luthien, Turin etc...
        I was referring more to the "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age" section of The Silmarillion which they borrowed from for chunks of the backstory bits in The Lord of the Rings films.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I was referring more to the "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age" section of The Silmarillion which they borrowed from for chunks of the backstory bits in The Lord of the Rings films.
          I wasn't only referring to you as at least one other mentioned something about a loophole into the Sil.

I'm sure they can use anything they want from the Sil as long as it's referenced somewhere within the Hobbit or the Lord of the Rings. Morgoth, Beren & Luthien (both mentioned in LOTR) come to mind...

Comment

Bleh. This reeks of "Spaceballs Part 2: The Search for More Money" to me. That being said, I'm sure it'll be well made, and I'll probably go see it.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Bleh. This reeks of "Spaceballs Part 2: The Search for More Money" to me. That being said, I'm sure it'll be well made, and I'll probably go see it.
                I'd go see Spaceballs 2, as long as Mel Brooks made it.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

That is awesome

Isnt the Hobbit like 200 pages long? Even a Hollywood script that long wouldnt be three movies let alone a children's book

Will the third movie be like all endings just to screw with the audience? Maybe all the stuff left out of the Lord of the Rings will be in it like The Scouring of the Shire or my boy Tom Bombadil! I bet even Lucas is in awe of this stretching/cashgrab

Respect to Jackson though, he is going to milk this for every penny he can and it is going to make BILLIONS!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I bet even Lucas is in awe of this stretching/cashgrab
                    ...and it will still be better than his prequel trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      ...and it will still be better than his prequel trilogy.
                      True, but Lucas wins because he can just keep re-releasing the original trilogy every few years and make another billion. He is to sci-fi what Disney is to "Animated Classics"
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        True, but Lucas wins because he can just keep re-releasing the original trilogy every few years and make another billion. He is to sci-fi what Disney is to "Animated Classics"
                        He said that he's done changing up his movies now because people kvetch too much.

I didn't know if he was done after doing all his movies in 3D or done after the Phantom Menace was released. (Maybe it's because it took in only $22.5 million when it was re-released in February.)
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Black Godfather

Not a good blaxploitation movie. Some good moments, but I'd only see this one if you're reallllllllly into the genre.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Scrooged = WIN! (no matter the time of year)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"Farewell My Queen," solid A. Going in it was a make up for something I dragged my wife to (Prometheus) and I was prepared for two hours of torment, but the acting was great, the character interactions were completely believable, and the idea carried through. Highly recommended, and usually I dislike those kind of period art movie.

It doesn't hurt than in addition to being a great actress Léa Seydoux is very pretty.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 07-31-2012, 09:28 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Skyfall - the new James Bond trailer
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X