Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Will there be 3-breasted alien women again?
    The trailer I saw says: yes.

Actually, based on the trailer it looks like a shot-for-shot remake with more advanced CGI in which case, why bother? I'd rather somebody interesting (Nolan?) take a shot at "Clans of the Alphane Moon," which would make one helluva weird movie.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-23-2012, 11:59 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Watched 2 over the weekend, that I probably should have seen before, but hadn't.

First was Vertigo, which I thought was just OK. I know its considered one of the best ever, but I just never got into it. I find this is the case with most older movies, I just don't connect with them. Its not because I need a movie with flashy special effects and explosions, because I like newer movies that are slow-paced and not flashy, so I'm not sure what it is, they're just not for me.

Second, is a movie that I have seen parts of at several different times, and then several years ago made a point to avoid until I can see the whole thing from start to finish. I finally decided that I needed to just get it on Netflix, because it would be the only way to watch it start to finish. Goodfellas...yeah, I should have seen this long ago, but whatever. The movie was very good, but not as good as I expected. I think this is a classic case of hearing how great the movie was for years, and it built my expectations up too high. Overall, I liked it, but just not as good as I expected.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Has anyone seen the the trailer for Argo?

Looks good:

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Watched 2 over the weekend, that I probably should have seen before, but hadn't.

First was Vertigo, which I thought was just OK. I know its considered one of the best ever, but I just never got into it. I find this is the case with most older movies, I just don't connect with them. Its not because I need a movie with flashy special effects and explosions, because I like newer movies that are slow-paced and not flashy, so I'm not sure what it is, they're just not for me.

Second, is a movie that I have seen parts of at several different times, and then several years ago made a point to avoid until I can see the whole thing from start to finish. I finally decided that I needed to just get it on Netflix, because it would be the only way to watch it start to finish. Goodfellas...yeah, I should have seen this long ago, but whatever. The movie was very good, but not as good as I expected. I think this is a classic case of hearing how great the movie was for years, and it built my expectations up too high. Overall, I liked it, but just not as good as I expected.
          You could have just borrowed Goodfellas from me. What makes that movie really good (for me) besides the obvious is that it's really really really true. There's little deviance from the actual events.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Did I mention I am kind of looking forward to the Total Recall remake? Well, I am!

Will there be 3-breasted alien women again? Inquiring minds want to know!
            Confirmed!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...174935980.html

The pic in the article isn't good. But it gives all the important information to search for better ones.

The wife got "The Decendants" over the weekend. She totally mislead me on that movie. No idea I was walking into a tear jerking movie like that. Plus it was totally predictable as the plot unfolded. Totally feel cheated but I guess it's payback for her watching "Project X". Need to find a good movie next time since IMHO both were "meh."
            Last edited by Tiggsy; 07-24-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Confirmed!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...174935980.html

The pic in the article isn't good. But it gives all the important information to search for better ones.
              Odd that she's upset about the photo on the internet. What did she think was going to happen? Plus she's clothed.

Here's a better one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...mic-con-353220
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I will have to be **** near suicidal bored to go see a remake of Total Recall. Just wasnt needed...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I will have to be **** near suicidal bored to go see a remake of Total Recall. Just wasnt needed...
                  While Total Recall is unecessary, this one actually ****es me off.

Comment

I didn't know people considered Starship Troopers a masterpiece. I thought it was crap.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Further proof that Hollywood is running low on ideas.... Or they are just lazy... Either/Or...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        I didn't know people considered Starship Troopers a masterpiece. I thought it was crap.
                        It is crap. Magnificent, campy, gets better with age, amazing crap.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          This. Denise Richards' terrible performance is almost mind-blowing.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            EXACTLY!! It is like remaking Roger Corman movies unless you are dialing up the campy ridiculousness to 11 (Little Shop of Horrors) you just stay away!

For the love of GOD the scene where Dizzy dies is so terrible it is Oscar Worthy in crappiness!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              EXACTLY!! It is like remaking Roger Corman movies unless you are dialing up the campy ridiculousness to 11 (Little Shop of Horrors) you just stay away!

For the love of GOD the scene where Dizzy dies is so terrible it is Oscar Worthy in crappiness!

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                So a weekend in Grand Forks would get you to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X