Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Unfortunately, I look nothing like Channing Tatum.
    Au contraire!

Yeah, I can't say that with a straight face.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Ronin

I never get tired of watching this movie. Suspense, action, and of course, Natasha McElhone. Great movie. AND WHAT'S IN THE CASE?!
      And one of the greatest chase scenes!
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        All right all right all right........Magic Mike. Perfect Friday night movie after a long week. And it was surprisingly good.
        We went for the AC. Very funny in parts (mostly the interaction between the dancers). The drama portion was rote. But it beat waiting for the power to come back at home.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ok it is official...Kepler is a chick No one could be as pretentious as she is whilst also watching The Bachelorette and paying to see Magic Mike and have any sort of testicular function.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Seriously. The only way a man pays to see that movie is if he is pretty sure the woman he is on a date with will repay the favor.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Seriously. The only way a man pays to see that movie is if he is pretty sure the woman he is on a date with will repay the favor.
              It was the other way. The wife had gone to Battleship and Prometheus. I was 2 in the red.

(I did a quick survey of the audience on the way out, though. It was about 9:1, so there were a few other men in similar trouble. I think we lucked out. It could have been a lot worse.)

I have one more to make up, so if anybody knows anything that sounds like a chick flick but is actually decent, please pass it on.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Forget about the fight over health care or illegal immigration, Magic Mike is the greatest threat to America. (and not because of the male strippers. It gives that delta bravo McConaghey more work. That man's career peaked with Dazed and Confused.)
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

You know, I bet the majority of women that went to see Magic Mike were disappointed because it was actually a movie with a story and not two hours of Chippendales. It's kind of pathetic the comments I've seen from guys about refusing to see it and if any other guys do they are less of a man.

Comment

OK - no reviews of Ted more than 24 hours after it opens?
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      OK - no reviews of Ted more than 24 hours after it opens?
                      Maybe no one on here is stupid enough to go to it? Nah. OK, maybe just not stupid enough to post about it....

Comment

I've heard that it's funny and worth seeing. Of course, that's all critic talk, so take it for what it's worth.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Rottentomatoes.com had it at 66% the last time I looked on Friday. That surprised me. If/when I see it, it'll be when it's released to dvd/streaming.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Rottentomatoes.com had it at 66% the last time I looked on Friday. That surprised me. If/when I see it, it'll be when it's released to dvd/streaming.
                            I have a feeling if it starred Adam Sandler instead, it would be ripped constantly. Just a guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              You know, I bet the majority of women that went to see Magic Mike were disappointed because it was actually a movie with a story and not two hours of Chippendales. It's kind of pathetic the comments I've seen from guys about refusing to see it and if any other guys do they are less of a man.
                              Oh, settle down. I bet I'll end up seeing it. I'm just not spending ten bucks to see it. There are many movies that don't involve male strippers that fall into that category.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Have you never met men before?

Plus I was mocking Kepler...dude is a chick

I havent seen Ted but if it starred Adam Sandler it would be horrible anyways. Sandler doesnt even try anymore he just makes movies so he can get paid to hang with his friends. Sometimes it works, but for the most part it is just lame and feels old.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X