Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Why is a church owing property taxes something that bothers you? There's a church in St. Paul whose head preacher man came out in favor or same-sex marriage that was in the news a short while ago that almost had to close its doors because the majority of its parishioners found new churches. The reason that became a big deal - the church couldn't pay its property taxes.
    Learned something. I thought they were exempt from property taxes as well as income taxes. So are they exempt from federal but not state and local taxes?

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      ******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hsa2nsjmc4Y?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hsa2nsjmc4Y?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Man that show was...something!
      I'm surprised that no one has tried to remake the show with all of the 90s nostalgia running around. It would be an excellent candidate.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Finally watched My Left Foot. My god that movie sucks. Sure, DDL was good in the role, but I still couldn't get over how much the movie as a whole sucked. 95% of the lines the main character (DDL) says you can't understand because its all jiberish. I got the impression that he went on Jerry Burns-esk rants at some points, but he may as well have been speaking Mandarin. DDL probably nailed that role perfectly, but still, he had essentially no lines in it. I can't put it ahead of There Will Be Blood for his best performance, and its nothing against DDL, he's an amazing actor.
        After about 10 minutes I could understand it all. And no, the movie isn't the best one he's been in. I was impressed that all that painting/typing that was done by the character, DDL actually learned how to do for the movie. And of course, he stayed in character for all of the filming.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Did they ever check San Diego?
          She's not here.
          Old Monster Records

Comment

Ronin

I never get tired of watching this movie. Suspense, action, and of course, Natasha McElhone. Great movie. AND WHAT'S IN THE CASE?!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Ronin

I never get tired of watching this movie. Suspense, action, and of course, Natasha McElhone. Great movie. AND WHAT'S IN THE CASE?!
              *****http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE3fZ5C6IEuGN-Qr4wNqs3E7K3D-zZm_exFHIc--ErDU2LWNC8Y0-ATwpN******

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                *****http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE3fZ5C6IEuGN-Qr4wNqs3E7K3D-zZm_exFHIc--ErDU2LWNC8Y0-ATwpN******
                That, too. I am glad someone posted something related to Pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  That, too. I am glad someone posted something related to Pulp.
                  I knew it wasn't a perfect match but it immediately came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I knew it wasn't a perfect match but it immediately came to mind.
                    It came to mind as I typed my original post. I'm just glad someone posted Pulp instead of Se7en (which is also a great movie).

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Rockapella better do the soundtrack.
                      That and perhaps show them doing the movie. have Carman be in the crowd while they're out busking a crowd, with whoever chasing her trying to follow her thru the crowd.

Loved that show back in the day.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

All right all right all right........Magic Mike. Perfect Friday night movie after a long week. And it was surprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Too bad it is going to suck...that game rocked!
                          Did they give it to Michael Bay?
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Did they give it to Michael Bay?
                            Worse. M Night Shamalamadingdong.

Kidding. I dunno who they gave it to, but it will suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              All right all right all right........Magic Mike. Perfect Friday night movie after a long week. And it was surprisingly good.
                              So what you're saying here is, that MNS could have stood outside of a theatre that's showing that movie, and that there would be a very high chance that he wouldn't "Brick" that evening with some lovely lady??
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                So what you're saying here is, that MNS could have stood outside of a theatre that's showing that movie, and that there would be a very high chance that he wouldn't "Brick" that evening with some lovely lady??
                                Unfortunately, I look nothing like Channing Tatum.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X