Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Seeing as it was an excellent movie we can all bet Kepler hated it. In 4 hours he could watch 5 episodes of the Bachelorette which is way more important to him
    Wait, which movie am I supposed to hate? DwW? It was OK, but give me Jimmy Stewart in "Broken Arrow."

    Also, never judge a man on his trash TV; that is sacred territory.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

      Originally posted by duper View Post
      Nothing will ever top "Without a Clue"
      Good concept, poor execution.

      I think my current favorite reimagining of Holmes and Watson is the Name of the Rose.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQAZ...eature=related

        You're welcome.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

        BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


        At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

        Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

        Comment


        • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Nice!

          "Beginners class today?"
          "Yeah, they so stupid!"
          *student crashes through the window*
          "Stupid!!!!!"

          Comment


          • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

            I think people who dont like UHF should be deported...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

              I used to think "Watchmen 2: Blue Dong Boogaloo" would be a great joke for a sequel.

              I never realized that James Cameron would be stealing my thunder:

              http://mobile.avclub.com/articles/ja...ill-now,81801/
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

              BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


              At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

              Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

              Comment


              • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I think people who dont like UHF should be deported...
                You and Bob should get together. Chances are a few of them are Hispanic.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                  Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You and Bob should get together. Chances are a few of them are Hispanic.
                  Don't you have some Big Brother derivative to watch...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I went to see Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter tonight. It was.....different. Kinda entertaining, kinda stupid. I did not read the book. I really don't want to.
                    Yeah, the whole fight on top of the thundering herd of horses was a bit over the top. There's no way there was a thousand horses there when they started the fight and to get a herd to run that tight together with that big fight going on?? Yeah, totally not happening. But yeah, other than that, a solid afternoon killler if you're just looking for something to do. The scary thing is there I could see how they could have future sequels with other presidents being vampire hunters as well. Teddy Roosevelt would make a pretty good action figure I think. Work in something about how the Spanish-American War was really an attempt by the vampires to gain an new foothold country or something like that for Teddy, and pretty soon, you could end up with Ike battling a Vampire Hitler.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

                    It just happens.


                    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

                    leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

                    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

                    Comment


                    • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Good concept, poor execution.

                      I think my current favorite reimagining of Holmes and Watson is the Name of the Rose.
                      Interesting. I never thought of The Name of the Rose as a Sherlock Holmes reimagining. It is true that the William was from Baskerville. And he was certainly an observer in Holmes's vein. And that was a really excellent novel.
                      Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Yeah, the whole fight on top of the thundering herd of horses was a bit over the top. There's no way there was a thousand horses there when they started the fight and to get a herd to run that tight together with that big fight going on?? Yeah, totally not happening. But yeah, other than that, a solid afternoon killler if you're just looking for something to do. The scary thing is there I could see how they could have future sequels with other presidents being vampire hunters as well. Teddy Roosevelt would make a pretty good action figure I think. Work in something about how the Spanish-American War was really an attempt by the vampires to gain an new foothold country or something like that for Teddy, and pretty soon, you could end up with Ike battling a Vampire Hitler.
                      Did you just point out a plot hole in a movie out Abraham Lincoln the vampire hunter?
                      Last edited by duper; 06-26-2012, 09:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                        Originally posted by duper View Post
                        Did you just point out a plot hole in a movie out Abraham Lincoln the vampire hunter?
                        Yeah, I guess you're right. Anyways, I just thought it was just way over the top in ridiculousness.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

                        It just happens.


                        nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

                        leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

                        Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

                        Comment


                        • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                          Escanaba in da Moonlight

                          Gave in, watched it. Escanaba could have been replaced by Da Iron Range, would have made little difference.

                          Any which way, meh. Funny for the first half (general consensus), and meh on the second half (horrible, for the general consensus).
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                          Comment


                          • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                            Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Yeah, I guess you're right. Anyways, I just thought it was just way over the top in ridiculousness.
                            The funny thing is, I totally get where you're coming from. I remember the day I got all pi55ed off because it suddenly occurred to me that the basic plot of The Blues Brothers centers around delinquent property taxes on a church-owned Catholic orphanage. I mean, the whole dam movie is one plot hole and unbelievable bit of lunacy after another, but the catholic orphanage property tax thing really got me.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                              So what is everyone's favorite Nora Ephron movie. And if you are over 30 and tell me you hated them all, you are full of malarkey. I don't believe that I am alone in thinking of several of her films as guilty pleasures.

                              Mine would be When Harry Met Sally, but I also enjoyed Julie and Julia quite a little bit.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

                                Originally posted by duper View Post
                                The funny thing is, I totally get where you're coming from. I remember the day I got all pi55ed off because it suddenly occurred to me that the basic plot of The Blues Brothers centers around delinquent property taxes on a church-owned Catholic orphanage. I mean, the whole dam movie is one plot hole and unbelievable bit of lunacy after another, but the catholic orphanage property tax thing really got me.
                                Son of a.......
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

                                It just happens.


                                nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

                                leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

                                Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X