Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Some bad news:

It's being reported that "The Girl" sequels are "still in development" which is a step back from a few months earlier, when it sounded like they were going to happen. Reason? "Tattoo" didn't actually make a profit (as of March).

BOO! This is no good if true.
    wteef, the budget was $90 mil and so far it's grossed over $232 mil so far...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      wteef, the budget was $90 mil and so far it's grossed over $232 mil so far...
      From what I read, "budget" does not include marketing and advertising. Hence the apparent loss. This movie needs to make 10% more of the gross to be profitable.
      Last edited by The Rube; 06-13-2012, 12:18 AM.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

From what I read, "budget" does not include marketing and advertising. Hence the apparent loss. This movie needs to make 10% more of the gross to be profitable.
        well how f-ing dumb are they to spend $140+ mil in advertising? wteef.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The thing is though, they wont need to do nearly as much advertising as they did for the first one. The first movie is the ultimate form of ad work.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            well how f-ing dumb are they to spend $140+ mil in advertising? wteef.
            It's Hollywood.

And watched "The Grey" tonight.

F*ing. Bad. Arse.

Awesome movie. Much deeper than your standard Liam-is-a-badarse/action movie. The ending? Perfect. This one is one to buy.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

How much is "Rock of Ages" going to suck?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                How much is "Rock of Ages" going to suck?
                So undecided on that. I know Tom put in the training to sing and such, so that's a good sign. But it's a musical. That's not a good sign. But it's rock'n'roll, so that's a good sign. And it's based on a Broadway play, and that is a wash. Ugh. Rental at best?

Comment

So undecided on that. I know Tom put in the training to sing and such, so that's a good sign. But it's a musical. That's not a good sign. But it's rock'n'roll, so that's a good sign. And it's based on a Broadway play, and that is a wash. Ugh. Rental at best?
                  In one of the trailers I saw, it became clear that Alec Baldwin did not train to sing. Unless it gets some stellar reviews by people I know, I just don't think I can watch it.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    In one of the trailers I saw, it became clear that Alec Baldwin did not train to sing. Unless it gets some stellar reviews by people I know, I just don't think I can watch it.
                    But, but, but....he's ALEC BALDWIN!

Yeah, I had no intention of seeing it ever, until I heard Tom put in the effort. Then I became curious about the movie.

Comment

But, but, but....he's ALEC BALDWIN!

Yeah, I had no intention of seeing it ever, until I heard Tom put in the effort. Then I became curious about the movie.
                      This is a perfect movie to wait until its out in Redbox. I'd have no issue paying $1.30 for it but can't bring myself to pay to see it on the big screen.

I started watching Sucker Punch last night with very low expectations. I've actually been pretty impressed so far. As long as you keep in mind all of the plot is in her head, it's not too bad. And some impressive visuals going after the fake nazis. I've decided it's good enough to finish watching.

Comment

The "rock'n'roll" factor gets completely negated by the "musical" factor in my opinion. And I can't get past the one scene in the trailer where the church people are opposing something (some concert I guess) by singing "We're Not Gonna Take It" and the rock'n'roll folk respond with, to show their hardcore rockerness, the hardcorest rockingest song of all time, "We Built This City" by Starship. Yes, because that is the one song that truly embodies all there is to rock'n'roll, the song that tops all lists of all rock songs. That's all I need to know that the musical will do a fantastic job of ****ing on anything it includes or references.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Also in the last week the trailers have switched from portraying it as a wacky musical comedy to a soulful romantic epic. Any time they switch the feel of trailers before the movie comes out you know you're dealing with a crapfest.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Also in the last week the trailers have switched from portraying it as a wacky musical comedy to a soulful romantic epic. Any time they switch the feel of trailers before the movie comes out you know you're dealing with a crapfest.
                            You should be able to figure out most of what the movie is because it's based upon a Broadway play of the same name. I'm sure there are reviews far and wide for that show. Granted, they're all written by frickin' New Yawkehrs, but they're still out there.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I got the impression from ads that the movie is tongue-in-cheek and a, "Scary Movie" mockfest.

Comment

abraham lincoln, vampire hunter.

....really?

-really?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X