Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

I saw MIB3...wow what a waste of time. Sure it is better than the second one, but that isnt saying much the second one blew. Josh Brolin was great though.

Next week Prometheus comes out so I got that to look forward to!.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I think his role as Lincoln is going to pretty much blow everything else out of the water. And yes that is saying a lot and I stand by it.
      I believe you will be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I think his role as Lincoln is going to pretty much blow everything else out of the water. And yes that is saying a lot and I stand by it.
        I'm darn sure it will be excellent, but I'll hold off on making it his ultimate performance. That being said, it's the movie I'm looking forward to the second-most this year.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Dang, now I'm going to have to watch Thor again to see if that the Gauntlet is there or not.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Finally saw Goon last night with the boy and we both liked it. Maybe not 4.5 stars like it is on Amazon right now, but a solid movie considering how bad it could (probably should) have been.

The hockey banter was probably the funniest part(s) although much of it is cliche at this point. Still, the delivery was good and I giggled quite a bit. Loved the pair of Euros. Stifler did a good job too.

It's not Slapshot (not that it needs to be), but it also doesn't suffer from the dull, slow parts like Slapshot does.

Comment

So really, a young Lincoln as vampire killer movie? I'm not offended by the usage of Lincoln but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                So really, a young Lincoln as vampire killer movie? I'm not offended by the usage of Lincoln but come on.
                That movie doesn't even deserve 2 seconds of my time.

Saw The Muppet movie and The Killer Elite (new one) today. What a fun little movie The Muppets was. I really enjoyed it. As for The Killer Elite, it's your standard shoot 'em up action movie, and about the only thing that sets it apart from similar movies is that it's based on a supposedly true story. A good time-killer, in other words.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You guys know the Lincoln movie is based on a book, right? A pretty good book too.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    You guys know the Lincoln movie is based on a book, right? A pretty good book too.
                    I don't care if it was in the Bible.

A former president as a vampire killer? Redonkulous. I mean, SyFy has movies with better plots.

Comment

Rade Serbedzija might be my favorite "That Guy" in movies.

Comment

Prometheus this Friday! let's do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0WUpsErUBA
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I'd never even heard of the Ralph Fiennes version of Coriolanus. Caught it on Friday night -- it's fantastic, one of the best "modern adaptations" of any Shakespeare play I've seen, particularly impressive since it is a "problem play." Highly recommend, solid A.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Brent - I actually thought your talk about DDL was about the Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie. I was disappointed (a little) to see that was not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              prometheus this friday! Let's do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0wupseruba
                              yay!!!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I want to see both Abe Lincoln movies. The DDL one is bound to be great because everyone knows that DDL is going to absolutely kill that role. Can we give him the Oscar now? And I'm looking forward to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer, I think it is going to be a good, fun movie. Everything I've heard about the book has been very positive.

I agree with the sentiment that Lincoln will be DDL's top performance. Right now I put There Will Be Blood as number 1 and Gangs of New York as 2, but My Left Foot is still sitting on the coffee table unwatched, so after I get to that, the list might change.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X