X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Finally caught The Avengers.

*punches Thor out of frame*
    that was pretty funny, but I thought Hulk and Loki was funnier.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      that was pretty funny, but I thought Hulk and Loki was funnier.
      Yeah when that happened everyone in the theater was busting up. I thought it was the funnier too.

Was there every a true leader to the Avengers. I know Fury is like the main dude a Shield but I thought it was interesting that when they all grouped up there are the end and Iron Man looked to Captain America to tell them what to do. I mean he is really the only one who had led a squad in battle before (though I suppose Thor has kind of done that too), so it would make sense.

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Anybody who pays to see "That's My Boy" deserves identity theft and complete impoverishment.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Anybody who pays to see "That's My Boy" deserves identity theft and complete impoverishment.
          There should just be a guy punching people in the face as they walk in the theater. And then they should have their identity stolen. And their tires slashed.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Going to see MIB3 this weekend with the gf. Should be a good mindless popcorn flick.
            Ended up seing both MIB3 and Avengers, as it was 90+ degrees all weekend, and Theater AC is where it's at!

I dislike comic book movies in general, but Avengers at least didn't make me want to walk out and had some decent moments. Plus Scarlett is easy on the eyes.

MIB3 was also entertaining and actually had a decent plot for a 3rd film of a franchise.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Watched "Black Gunn" tonight, starring Jim Brown (yes, that Jim Brown). Awesomeness.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I have misremembered that cover for 40 years. I could have sworn it was "B-3."
                Maybe you were misremembering TV ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkVZ0rloio
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  Maybe you were misremembering TV ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkVZ0rloio
                  That takes me back. Also, it's the first time I've seen the ad since I learned what opera that is.

Also: that wasn't B-3 either. I'm pretty sure I either hallucinated it or I wrote a battleship program in Assembly and B-3 was the winning move on the man page. In fact, considering that just came to mind I'd say that was it. Unless somebody else wrote that program...

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/BladeRunner_Unicorn.jpg/200px-BladeRunner_Unicorn.jpg******
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I know I'm late to the party, but here's my thoughts on THE AVENGERS.... I initially saw it on the opening weekend, and then saw it again this afternoon on a whim...

Marvel Studios & Paramount hit a home run on this franchise... Easily one of the best action movies we've had offered for a long time... Each character was very well cast and played... The only one that left me wanting more was actually Samuel L. Jackson, so that's saying something... You really got a great look into each character as they developed through the film...

Story-wise, it was a solid action flick... The twists that were there weren't hard to pick out, but at the same time, I still felt that the story was holding me as a viewer.... The first part of the movie does a great job of rehashing the other 5 movies as we come across the individual characters as well... You really didn't have to see anything else to have a basic understanding of what was going on....

Personally, I also loved all of the one liners that were thrown in from just about every character throughout the movie... They constantly brought a smile, and a few would get a chuckle... It broke up the movie and kept it fresh... The Loki/Hulk one takes the cake...

Overall, I'm happy with the movie and will probably buy the DVD... It's the kind of movie I feel that I can watch several times and pick up on new things each time... Down the road, I also want to get all 6 movies in the franchise and watch them in order... This was the coolest thing about this... I can't recall this being done before, but it seems to have been done right with this... I just love all the tie ins and Easter Eggs (Example: I had no idea that Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) was in THOR)... I guess you can consider me a fanboy of this franchise now, and really look forward to what's coming down the road...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

So, "There Will Be Blood" was on last night on tv, so I watched it, of course, because it's awesome. Came home from work tonight, and remembered that I had a recent discussion about DDL's best work. So I popped in "My Left Foot" tonight (which is IMO his best work). Close call for 2nd between "Blood" and "Gangs Of New York." Yeah, I thought the top spot was closer than it was. "My Left Foot" blows those others away. The discipline he had (since it's common knowledge he's a method actor, not breaking character at all during the filming of whatever movie he's in) was amazing.

To make him that believable in that movie....I'm in awe.

NOTE: That's NOT to say that "My Left Foot" is a better overall movie than the others mentioned. I'm just saying it's DDL's best work.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think his role as Lincoln is going to pretty much blow everything else out of the water. And yes that is saying a lot and I stand by it.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

7 weeks!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            7 weeks!
                            The Dark Knight Rises? I'm giddy with excitement.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I saw the Avengers on Thursday. As pretty much everyone else has said, it's a good, fun movie. I have a question about the standard Marvel movie closing credits reveal (whited out): Who was the red-faced villain they teased in the credits? I'm assuming he's a major one in the comic books, otherwise he wouldn't have been the big reveal. Thanks.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I saw the Avengers on Thursday. As pretty much everyone else has said, it's a good, fun movie. I have a question about the standard Marvel movie closing credits reveal (whited out): Who was the red-faced villain they teased in the credits? I'm assuming he's a major one in the comic books, otherwise he wouldn't have been the big reveal. Thanks.
                                Movie's been out for a while, screw spoilers. It's Thanos. In the Asgard trophy room in Thor, there was the Infinity Gauntlet that was part of Thanos' most popular/famous comic book story line so he was teased a bit earlier. Keeps in line with what the head of Marvel was saying about wanting to make the movies more galactic in scope. And the whole courting death line is more literal than you'd think as Death is also a character very important to Thanos' back story. He's in love with her and at one point kills half of all living creatures in the universe to show her how much he cares for her. Though if I had to bet, I'd say that line was more fan service to the geeks than a hint that they'll have Death as a character in future movies.
                                Old Monster Records

Comment

Working...
                                X