Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Terrible?
    Oh, yeah. Extremely fun terrible.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

MIB 3, solid sequel that helps erase the 2nd forgettable outing even more. Pacing was the biggest improvement, with the story not being rushed through or being solved by deus ex machinas, and the ending worked well to tie things together and do a positive retcon.

I do wish it was more clear on what was the thing that made K so closed up. It's fairly heavily implied up until a twist what likely happened. But it's still very ambiguous and it would have been nice to have the closure on it.

Also at once point J should have been killed. Him time traveling doesn't heal his current self's wounds. /Cornette face.

Comment

Saw Avengers today. I liked it enough. Good action.

I was excited about seeing the Prometheus trailer. Seeing it on the big screen and hearing it with all the surround sound just made me even more excited for it. I just hope I dont get my hopes to high and end up being let down. But I dont think that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Saw Battleship. It was absolutely everything I wanted it to be.
          Yeah, went and saw that today myself. I thought to myself, it would have been awesome if it had been released in the late 80's. It was totally a cheesy 80's movie. Plot holes you could drive a truck thru, check, lots of explosions and gunfire, check. Decent eye candy, check and check. The plucky good guys all coming thru at the end, check. Hell, even the nerdy guy dished out a little whoopin'. One liners you could see coming, Hell, should have had Arnold in them they were at his level.

Also, my brother pointed it out to me, but did you notice that the canisters that the Aliens where always chucking at the ships where shaped just like the pegs from the game.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Also, my brother pointed it out to me, but did you notice that the canisters that the Aliens where always chucking at the ships where shaped just like the pegs from the game.
            Yes, that was a nice touch.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So it sounds like that and the title are all that is based on the game. When I first heard that they were making a movie called Battleship and it would be based on the game I thought it would be maybe a WWII movie centering around a Pacific naval battle. But then I found out what they were doing and I lost any desire to see it. Is the movie at least based in the early 90s when we still had battleships?

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                Is the movie at least based in the early 90s when we still had battleships?
                I was hoping for this version.

*****http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh7qjyUaJH1qcfgrqo1_500.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Notice the women in the kitchen.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So it sounds like that and the title are all that is based on the game. When I first heard that they were making a movie called Battleship and it would be based on the game I thought it would be maybe a WWII movie centering around a Pacific naval battle. But then I found out what they were doing and I lost any desire to see it. Is the movie at least based in the early 90s when we still had battleships?
                    No, all pretty much present day. But if you're paying attention to the trailers, you would see that they do have a true US Battleship used in the fighting.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

No, all pretty much present day. But if you're paying attention to the trailers, you would see that they do have a true US Battleship used in the fighting.
                      It may be a true Battleship but the US Navy does not use Battleships anymore. The last 2 (The Iowa and Wisconsin) were decommisioned in the early 90s. Cruisers and destroyers are used now. I understand its a movie and they can do what they want...I just wish if they were going to claim it was based on the game they would not have gone so far out there with it.

Comment

Girlfriend and I went to see MIB3 on Friday night. I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. Not a cinematic masterpiece by any means, but it definitely kept me entertained. I'd recommend it if you liked the first one and want to see a fun, mindless flick. I'd even say its worth it to see in the theater.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It may be a true Battleship but the US Navy does not use Battleships anymore. The last 2 (The Iowa and Wisconsin) were decommisioned in the early 90s. Cruisers and destroyers are used now. I understand its a movie and they can do what they want...I just wish if they were going to claim it was based on the game they would not have gone so far out there with it.
                          There's no active Battleships in use anymore, that's true, but I do believe that you missed my point there earlier about their being plot holes you could drive a truck through. And there's also the fact that I don't totally want to give away the whole movie there for those that want to go and enjoy it. Lets just say that most of it takes place off of Hawai'i and leave it at that shall we??

It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

My house had that exact kitchen table.

I have misremembered that cover for 40 years. I could have sworn it was "B-3."
                            Cornell University

Comment

Saw The Five-Year Engagement the other night. (OK, OK, but at least I talked her out of What To Expect When You're Expecting.) Obvious rom-com plot, but impressive supporting cast (even Molly Shannon isn't so bad if she only has two lines!) and a couple of really good scenes.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Finally caught The Avengers.

My only complaints were that the whole Iron Man vs Thor scene seemed a little out of place and the movie really did drag while it was in the SHIELD airship. That aside, the dialog was fantastic, the action was for the most part very well choreographed, and every character had a pretty cool moment. *punches Thor out of frame*
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X