Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by duper View Post
    My sister, who HATES action movies took the drastic step of renting it, because her office building appears in it, and she wanted to see if she could pick out her window.
    I think it's Heat, where I can see a building that belongs to my company and you can see the lights of the company name (think industrial supply, and thick catalog). Totally in the background, although it's about the only thing that isn't dark in the scene. I laughed my arse off.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Have Mercy on Michael Bay's Soul, He Knows Not What He Does

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I think it's Heat, where I can see a building that belongs to my company and you can see the lights of the company name (think industrial supply, and thick catalog). Totally in the background, although it's about the only thing that isn't dark in the scene. I laughed my arse off.
      That's how it was with my sister. The Old Chicago Main Post Office, which was the building they used as the bank for the bank robbery, is across the street from her building. So the cameras are never ON her building per se, but when they show action from the perspective of out the front of the bank, her building is there. Although in her case, she knew it would be there, since she was able to see them filming.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        That's how it was with my sister. The Old Chicago Main Post Office, which was the building they used as the bank for the bank robbery, is across the street from her building. So the cameras are never ON her building per se, but when they show action from the perspective of out the front of the bank, her building is there. Although in her case, she knew it would be there, since she was able to see them filming.
        Ok, I getcha.

I'm sure it was Heat, btw, after thinking about it. When I was watching it, I saw it, and paused it immediately and thought "No...f*ing...way." Yep there it was.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

My office building was used as Massachusetts State Police Headquarters in Mystic River. Clint Eastwood was there, saw Kevin Bacon and Laurence Fishburne. It was a pretty surreal day when they filmed. Needless to say I was not at my desk for half the day.

Midnight Run is on now. What a funny, funny movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            That episode was awesome and made me forget last week.
            This
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Midnight Run is on now. What a funny, funny movie.
              Hell yeah!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

TCM played "The Wrong Box," a fantastic 60's BritCom with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. Peter Sellers has a famous cameo (surrounded by about 100 house cats) and Michael Caine has a part. Sir Ralph Richardson is wonderful, and there are a dozen appearances by long time Brit character actors. Highly recommended, especially if you like over-the-top Victorian nostalgia.

I was shocked to discover the original story was written by none other than Robert Louis Stevenson.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Watched Hall Pass last night.

Mindless comedy? Check. Funny? Yeah, I have to say it was funny, but not hysterical. The Coakley character was great, though. It's good for a once-see for some cheap laughs.

Comment

Hard Eight

Wayyyyy different than I expected. But it's pretty darn good. Definitely worth a watch.

Comment

I wish they were making this movie:

*****http://i.imgur.com/kLjN8.jpg******
                      Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                        I wish they were making this movie:

*****http://i.imgur.com/kLjN8.jpg******
                        http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....in_every_movie

Comment

Went to see Battleship. Two hours of utter ridiculousness, cheesy dialogue, lots of explosions and pretty, pretty men. Thoroughly entertained. And I really needed that mindless break. And it was a mini FNL reunion with Taylor Kitsch and Jesse Plemons.

Comment

Went to see Battleship. Two hours of Michael Bay "pulling the goalie." Thoroughly entertained. And I really needed that mindless break. And it was a mini FNL reunion with Taylor Kitsch and Jesse Plemons.
                            Tweaked.

Comment

Went to see Battleship. Two hours of utter ridiculousness, cheesy dialogue, lots of explosions and pretty, pretty men. Thoroughly entertained. And I really needed that mindless break. And it was a mini FNL reunion with Taylor Kitsch and Jesse Plemons.
                              And this is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

I've been forced to watch SW EPII with my 8 year-old (my first time) and two thoughts come to mind. For his sake (and possibly later mine as I may get forced to watch III later) I really hope Ewan McGregor isn't this bad of an actor in everything he does and you'd think the S/E of a chase scene on some planet (when Padma falls out) would look better than the chase scene on the Ewoks planet filmed nearly 30 years earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X