Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2012: The year of the ugly cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Wheel Racing 2012: The year of the ugly cars!

And off we go...........
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2012: The year of the ugly cars!

One day, 11 hours, and just over 10 min to official practice #1- http://www.formula1.com/default.html

(now being 10:16 am EST, 3/7)

edit- since that's 9:30pm EST, we should be able to watch the practice, which was streamed online last season on Speed. Let's hope they do that again.

Comment

ok, anyone but Vettel, stand on it boys!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

If I remember, someone was having huge problems in testing, I just can't remember who. BTW there is a track package available with tickets to monaco, where you get instruction and 4 laps on a test track in a current F1 car.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          ok, anyone but Vettel, stand on it boys!
          Hear! Hear!

Even Hamilton!

(That was for you Alfa!)
          My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            Hear! Hear!

Even Hamilton!

(That was for you Alfa!)
            Lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              If I remember, someone was having huge problems in testing, I just can't remember who. BTW there is a track package available with tickets to monaco, where you get instruction and 4 laps on a test track in a current F1 car.
              Besides marussa and hrt, Ferrari appears to have a LOT of problems.

Comment

Ferrari's problems are NO BRAUN!. they never adequately replaced him I feel.

I don't recall if I posted and now I can't find the article but I read that Robert Kubica cannot even lift a glass to drink with his injured arm. Apparently his hand was severed and re-attached. How awful. I fear and feel he may never compete again.

re: Indycar - http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...coast-600.html

I'd LOVE it if they went back to Surfers. and w/Power, and Dixon winning the crowds I'd suspect would only be better

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Ferrari's problems are NO BRAUN!. they never adequately replaced him I feel.
                  I agree 100%. Braun is a genius, his record shows this, and when he and Schumi arrived they eventually got to a dominating position. Braun "retired" on his own, did he not? Ferrari are too full of themselves if they thought he could be easily replaced.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Just got to watch the first 30 min of practice 1. Wow, the cars are UGLY.

This search for downforce really makes for terrible looking cars.

Comment

What we have learned so far in Australia...

1. The field right now is apparently wide open. Although until qualifying nobody knows for sure how fast anyone really is.
                      2. Massa needs to show something very quickly or he is going to be replaced. I hate it, but he looked bad yesterday.
                      3. HRT should just fold. They are an embarrassment.
                      My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

First real results in, Qualifying in Austraila

Hamilton
                        Button
                        Grosjean....

what? A "lotus"? Made that much more cuious since Roman's teammate, Kimi, qualified last of the normal teams- barely finishing ahead of Caterham in Q3.

Schumi
                        Weber
                        Vettel

I'll stop there for my Ferrari friends here... .

I know I'm a huge fan of McLaren at the moment. But for the sake of asthetics, I really hope that this speed trend is true- for a pair of low nose cars to be fater than the ugly step sisters....

Comment

Congrats to Button! He was very impressive today.

Clearly the RB's and the McLaren's are the class of the field at this time. Surprising pace by the Williams and Saubers.

Alonso showed (again) why he is one of the top two or maybe three drivers in the world. Taking that dog Ferrari to a 5th place finish.

After the race today I am afraid that my man Massa isn't going to finish the season. Maybe not even make it to the summer break if he doesn't show some speed very, very soon.
                          My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

that was a very interesting race. I'm happy for Button he was the class of the field all day.

The drop off from the Braun's was surprising to me, probably as surprising as the Red Bull cars playing 2nd fiddle to McLaren (I'd assumed they were sandbagging this whole time)

I like Bruno Senna and want him to succeed but if his teammate continues to outperform him as badly as he did in qualifying this may be Senna's final season in F1

Re: Massa, I agree, he's gone by June, though who they have waiting in the wings is up for debate

Comment

Great race by Button- did a Vettel on the field- drove away, and just stayed there.

Based on Jensen's pace, I thought Hamilton would be able to get a bigger gap, but his driving style seems to be tougher on the tires. Even with the bad timing of the yellow, he should have been close enough to vettel to not let him pass.

All in all, I'm very happy with the pace of the McLarens- for myself as a fan, and for people with eyesight and taste.

For how well Button drove, Alonso had a great race- taking a bad car (as very illustrated by Masa), and running it that fast, that long, wow. If anyone is going to keep Ferrari's head above water, it will be Fernando.

Great race for Sauber and Williams. Great to see a Williams cars in the top 10 like that.

Schumi had a great drive, but what cause what - the off or gearbox?

Next week will be a lot of root growing in my seat- the replay of the f1 race AND the opening round of Indycar.

Comment

Working...
                              X