X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness 2012

Go Lehigh!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Down goes Michigan! Down goes Michigan!
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Down goes Michigan! Down goes Michigan!
        Yeah, Michigan got their poopholes pounded a bit by the officials, but when you let a team shoot like that, don't box out, and don't rebound well, you're not going to win regardless.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          What Norfolk State has done to my bracket.

And if you had Duke AND Mizzo, you get both the Americans AND Soviets doing that to each other, ha ha....
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Mizzou? Lol.

Duke? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!
            Originally posted by solovsfett
            To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Ahhhhh.... ESPN must be scrambling right now to explain this...

Comment

Mizzou.
                Duke.
                Michigan.
                Great day.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Kinda funny, isn't it? Upsets are what make the tourney so exciting, yet when they happen we're all pizzed because our brackets die a miserable death...
                  This. So true. I had to share this quote on facebook.

When I was filling out my brackets I was trying to decide which #2 seed would lose in the round of 32. I never expected 2 of them to not even make it (and we still have one more 2 seed that has to play yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Ahhhhh.... ESPN must be scrambling right now to explain this...
                    No. Jay Bilas will sob for about 20 minutes, and then the ESPN magpies will slobber-knob the underdogs for the rest of the weekend.

It's next weekend when they don't know what to do.

The first weekend is always about the underdogs. The Sweet 16 weekend is where they want to talk about the big boys.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Draymond Green ****ed around and got a triple double.

Today was a good day.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        No. Jay Bilas will sob for about 20 minutes, and then the ESPN magpies will slobber-knob the underdogs for the rest of the weekend.

It's next weekend when they don't know what to do.

The first weekend is always about the underdogs. The Sweet 16 weekend is where they want to talk about the big boys.
                        The world is so much different with duke gone... I like bilas... I think he tries to be pretty fair and comes across, to me, as a reasonable broker. The big 2-15 upsets made a splash but there wasn't a multitude of upsets... The next two days will say more about Cinderellas within the field... But we didn't see a lot from the rest of the field in terms of first round shocks. At least as far as I can tell.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I was the only person in my pool to pick Lehigh. 3 of us picked Ohio.

To be fair, I did not actually think that would happen, I just wanted it to happen. But that bracket's not looking too bad right now, because it's one of the few that didn't have Missouri, Duke or Michigan going far.

edit: oops. I didn't know Temple lost when I posted that. Still, I went from #34 (dead last) to #7 with those 2 picks.
                          Last edited by jen; 03-17-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Draymond Green ****ed around and got a triple double.

Today was a good day.
                            He didn't even have to use his AK.

Comment

funny how pressure impacts teams and players...all year ND has been walk it down, set the offense, use up the shot clock and get a decent shot. When they need one basket to win the game with 20 something seconds left, their point guard tries a half court pass to a guy not even suspecting that could happen.

Now, that lane violation appeared to be complete BS to me. After the bucket goes in the ref says a guy crossed the 3 point line, the announcer said it was before the ball was shot, which i don't think was the case but they didn't show it again after he said that. if it was after the ball was shot, once it went in the play was dead so it wasn't like the guy came over the line and got a rebound, he could have just come up and high fived the shooter, is that a violation too?
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                funny how pressure impacts teams and players...all year ND has been walk it down, set the offense, use up the shot clock and get a decent shot. When they need one basket to win the game with 20 something seconds left, their point guard tries a half court pass to a guy not even suspecting that could happen.

Now, that lane violation appeared to be complete BS to me. After the bucket goes in the ref says a guy crossed the 3 point line, the announcer said it was before the ball was shot, which i don't think was the case but they didn't show it again after he said that. if it was after the ball was shot, once it went in the play was dead so it wasn't like the guy came over the line and got a rebound, he could have just come up and high fived the shooter, is that a violation too?

It's the guy on the far side of the three point line to start the video. I feel like people aren't seeing it (me included until I looked at it again this morning) because he moved in so fast that it seems he was in the lane to begin with. He ran in as soon as the ball was released. As we learned in the Asheville-Cuse game and the UConn-Iowa State game the ball needs to hit the him before the shooter can cross the free throw line or someone outside the three point line can enter the circle.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X