Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness 2012

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Good job Jim, way to trash talk that 16 seed that you needed help from the refs to beat.
    Always has been a db. There's a reason why there's a "Boeheim exception" in ND circles to the precept of rooting for conference-mates in OOC play.
    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Only about one good game in the night series.

EDIT: Make it two good games.

I'm gonna end 14/16 on the day, Montana and Long Beach were my losses. Long Beach is out of the Sweet 16 for me.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 03-15-2012, 11:28 PM.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Only about one good game in the night series.

EDIT: Make it two good games.

I'm gonna end 14/16 on the day, Montana and Long Beach were my losses. Long Beach is out of the Sweet 16 for me.
        Out of four brackets, I've only lost two Sweet 16 teams, both from the same bracket.

I'm sure it'll be downhill from here.
        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

14/16, I only missed Murray St. and Gonzaga and haven't lost any Sweet 16 picks yet. But, I'm not any kind of confident about any of my picks past the first round.

Also, thank you to WeWantMore for posting the WSJ link. I went almost exclusively by my blindfold picks.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

14/16. I originally picked VCU but changed my mind at the last second. I also missed Colorado (turns out I picked all favorites yesterday - but not today).

Comment

15/16 yesterday, missed out on Colorado. Rebels almost made that miraculous comeback as well.

I have VCU beating Indiana tomorrow FWIW.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

13/16, and I had UNLV and LBSU going to the Sweet 16.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Norfolk St. could be in the process of busting a ton of brackets....
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I should remember to do a final review of my brackets next time - just realized I accidentally picked Belmont. If I end up losing by a couple points, I'm going to be ****ed.
                    Last edited by jen; 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

So here's the latest officiating controversy from FSU-St. Bonaventure:
                      http://deadspin.com/5894076/

I honestly didn't know this was a violation. My thinking went along the lines of... St. Bona made the basket, so the FSU player can run the baseline (or even switch inbounders), so is the mere act of stepping over the line a violation, or is it okay so long as he's back behind it when the ball gets thrown in? From the reaction, I'm guessing that's not accurate?

Comment

12/16 yesterday. Only lost one Sweet 16 team in Wichita St. Although, Mizzou losing will destroy me.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

What Norfolk State has done to my bracket.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            What Norfolk State has done to my bracket.
                            Kinda funny, isn't it? Upsets are what make the tourney so exciting, yet when they happen we're all pizzed because our brackets die a miserable death...
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Michigan is getting punked right now.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I dare some editor to make the headline "Norfolk-ing way"

Comment

Working...
                                X