Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness 2012

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
    Surely somebody has put a group up on ESPN? I can't be bothered to do brackets on Yahoo.
    You must not have noticed how most of the people on here loathe ESPN, so no, I doubt anyone has bothered to start a group associated with the **********s from Bristol.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      If you pay for cable, you can get it for free. Just have to validate it.
      Took a few minutes to remember and reset my information, but finally got it to work. Thanks for the heads up.
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

I swear if Murray State loses....
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I love Frank Martin's brutal honesty.

"We became inept."
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I don't like the commercials locking me in anytime I switch a game or any time the game I'm watching has a TV timeout. My TV doesn't lock me into advertisements. I don't mind the coke zero 30 second commercial for switching games as much, but the fact that it makes you watch the whole TV timeout is ridiculous.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

How the hell do I login with my cable info and not pay?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Rule of thumb when you heckle someone, do your research.

http://deadspin.com/5893667/the-sout...ngel-rodriguez

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  How the hell do I login with my cable info and not pay?
                  So apparently I log in and wathc via Xfinity, though if I want the CBS game it sends me to the CBS site, though if I want the TBS/TNT/TruTV game from there it won't send me back to Comcast so I have to enter it manually.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    I don't like the commercials locking me in anytime I switch a game or any time the game I'm watching has a TV timeout. My TV doesn't lock me into advertisements. I don't mind the coke zero 30 second commercial for switching games as much, but the fact that it makes you watch the whole TV timeout is ridiculous.
                    To be fair, your TV costs money for 3 of the channels.

I view it as a challenge to get over to the computer once the CBS music for a timeout starts.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Right now, Syracuse should be the first #1 seed ever to lose to a 16. What a load of officiating garbage.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

UNC Asheville got robbed. At least 4 points should be taken away from Syracuse. Two on the phantom lane violation, and another two on apparently being unable to see a ball clearly go off Syracuse when no UNCA player was even close to it.

Edit: And another one for a missed goaltending in the first half. There's six points.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

The lane violation call was legit. A player who was not on the lane when the FT was taken came inside the three point line and/or in front of the foul line extended before the ball hit the rim, which is allowed in the NBA but not in college.

(Also: the out of bounds off of Syracuse is hypothesized as one of "those" calls where the officials don't want to call a foul, but they also don't want the other team to benefit from marginally illegal conduct, so the make the "incorrect" out-of-bounds call.)

This is all second-hand info, I followed the game but didn't watch it.
                          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Turns out the lane violation was right, but you don't use one of those "make-up" wrong calls in the situation of the out of bounds call.

Good to see UNCA coach Eddie Beidenbach not backing down.
                            First comments: "I thought there was a cooling-off period. There's not enough time to cool off after this one."
                            When asked if they should keep officiating crews together, Beidenbach: "I think they should always keep the good ones together."
                            Then he reiterated "When is the cooling-off period? August?"
                            My favorite is: "Syracuse is better than Asheville. Tonight, Asheville was better than Syracuse."

And of course Jim Boeheim, upon hearing that last quote responds "That's what they make scoreboards for."
                            And when asked if luck had a part to do with it: "I don't think luck had anything to do with this game. And I think the better team won."

Good job Jim, way to trash talk that 16 seed that you needed help from the refs to beat.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I still wonder why Fab Melo was ineligible in December, eligible for the first ten weeks of 2012, and then ineligible again for the tournament.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Right now, Syracuse should be the first #1 seed ever to lose to a 16. What a load of officiating garbage.
                                My Orange will be out soon enough. K-State will beat em by double digits.

Comment

Working...
                                X