Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness 2012

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    funny how pressure impacts teams and players...all year ND has been walk it down, set the offense, use up the shot clock and get a decent shot. When they need one basket to win the game with 20 something seconds left, their point guard tries a half court pass to a guy not even suspecting that could happen.

Now, that lane violation appeared to be complete BS to me. After the bucket goes in the ref says a guy crossed the 3 point line, the announcer said it was before the ball was shot, which i don't think was the case but they didn't show it again after he said that. if it was after the ball was shot, once it went in the play was dead so it wasn't like the guy came over the line and got a rebound, he could have just come up and high fived the shooter, is that a violation too?
    Unlike the NBA, the ball needs to hit rim before a guy can cross the three point line. I caught it before the ref did. Correct call, if somewhat gutsy that late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
      funny how pressure impacts teams and players
      Even worse than the ND play was the kid from St. Mary's who just needed to inbound the ball with his team in the lead with 20 seconds left and forgot that you're not allowed to run the baseline after a turnover.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Unlike the NBA, the ball needs to hit rim before a guy can cross the three point line. I caught it before the ref did. Correct call, if somewhat gutsy that late in the game.
        gutsy isn't what i'd call it...it had no bearing on the play and there were 2.8 seconds left in a, then one point, ncaa game. What was his next call going to be, coach stepping out on the floor or too much pine tar on the bat?
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Go figure, my bracket's in the 99th percentile on ESPN.

All of my wrong picks with the exception of Duke I had going out in the 2nd round anyways. Duke's currently my only wrong Sweet Sixteen team.
          UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Got my picks in. wonder how bad I'll do with them this year?
            Oh Bloody Hell!!!

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
            Go figure, my bracket's in the 99th percentile on ESPN.

All of my wrong picks with the exception of Duke I had going out in the 2nd round anyways. Duke's currently my only wrong Sweet Sixteen team.
            I think mine is down in the bottom .5% over there on ESPN. I think the only way I really could have done worse this year would have been to call for all 4 sixteen seeds to win. Only thing I got going for me is that I at least still have 2 of the final four left.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Norfolk State was soundly eliminated by Florida tonight. Also, Georgetown was bounced by NC State.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Norfolk State was soundly eliminated by Florida tonight. Also, Georgetown was bounced by NC State.
                I had the NC State two wins correct. I hate florida though. ugh.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

And if you were thinking of getting on the Lehigh bandwagon, stay off. They were beaten by Xavier tonight. There is plenty of room on the Ohio bandwagon, though...
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Florida State shot poorly all weekend and paid for it finally.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

6 Minnesota beat 3 La Salle to advance to the second round of the NIT. They play tonight against 2 Miami (FL).
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Michigan State is already back on the road after getting in late Sunday night.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012031...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Remember, missing class time is one of the major reasons the NCAA cites when asked about a real football championship.
                        This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          6 Minnesota beat 3 La Salle to advance to the second round of the NIT. They play tonight against 2 Miami (FL).
                          Gophers roll. Next stop Mefreesboro, TN.

I've come to the opinion that the gophs should aim their entire season at the NIT.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                            Michigan State is already back on the road after getting in late Sunday night.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012031...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Remember, missing class time is one of the major reasons the NCAA cites when asked about a real football championship.
                            That's not true. The article says they were in class on Monday. I'm sure they don't go more than once a week anyway.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Gophers roll. Next stop Mefreesboro, TN.

I've come to the opinion that the gophs should aim their entire season at the NIT.
                              After losing Mbakwe to start the season, the NIT was realistically their only hope this season, despite winning 5 or 6 in a row right after he went down.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Shaka Smart apparently has already turned Illinois down.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X