March Madness 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness 2012

Just by taking care of the ball, Iona should have had 70 here at the break.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

And they still don't have 70 halfway through the 2nd half.

If the officials let them play any more, they're going to need helmets and pads.

God, that was fun...

Comment

What a collapse. 55 points in 16 minutes to start the game. 15 points in the last 24. BYU wins.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
          This is entertaining, if a tiny bit tedious in the first round:
          Blindfold Brackets

NC State to the Sweet 16 was my biggest outlier. I hadn't even given any thought to picking them to win 1, much less 2.
          First time through I had Wichita State, Michigan St, Kansas and Vanderbilt in the final 4 with Kansas over Witchita State for the final. Based mostly on "stats." Tried it a 2nd time and had the same final four and results but a few different teams in the sweet 16

Comment

Got my picks in. wonder how bad I'll do with them this year?
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Got my picks in for my pool. I did 2 brackets - one for what I think will happen (UNC - didn't want to pick Kentucky), and one for what I wish would happen (Marquette-Wisconsin final ). Our formula is geared to give extra points for upsets, so we'll see how it goes. I got SDSU in the random pool.

Comment

NCAAW: Had a chance to see this women's player from Delaware, Elena Delle Donne, when they played near me this year. If they play on TV, take a few minutes and watch her play. I find I don't care the gender or the sport or the level, if somebody is an outstanding talent, it is fun to watch.

I'll get my picks in on this bracket tonight.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

My bat**** crazy bracket is in.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Vermont defeats Lamar. No word as to whether Pat Knight is going to kick his seniors off the podium in the post-game presser.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      I'd give an NCAA tourney bid to the winner of the Northern Sun conference before I gave anyone in the Pac-12 an at-large bid.
                      I bet Bemidji State would have put up at least 15 in the first half.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Iona did better than that in the 2nd half last night.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                          NCAAW: Had a chance to see this women's player from Delaware, Elena Delle Donne, when they played near me this year. If they play on TV, take a few minutes and watch her play. I find I don't care the gender or the sport or the level, if somebody is an outstanding talent, it is fun to watch.
                          Pretty interesting backstory too.

Comment

I don't know if this still works, but Coke Zero had a promotion where you could get March Madness On Demand for free instead of paying the $3.99.

You text 0SCHOOL or 0NICKNAME (all caps) to 2653 and you'll get a code back. For example, I did 0SPARTANS and it texted me back a code with instructions.

Like I said, I don't know if this promotion still works or not, but it's worth a try.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              I don't know if this still works, but Coke Zero had a promotion where you could get March Madness On Demand for free instead of paying the $3.99.

You text 0SCHOOL or 0NICKNAME (all caps) to 2653 and you'll get a code back. For example, I did 0SPARTANS and it texted me back a code with instructions.

Like I said, I don't know if this promotion still works or not, but it's worth a try.
                              If you pay for cable, you can get it for free. Just have to validate it.

Comment

Surely somebody has put a group up on ESPN? I can't be bothered to do brackets on Yahoo.
                                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                                X