March Madness 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: March Madness 2012

If it's not Kansas tonight, I'm rooting for a meteor strike on Monday night.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Looks like I'm guaranteed the USCHO win.

I'll win my family bracket competition unless Ohio State wins the whole thing on Monday.

There have been more than a couple good games this tournament. I've enjoyed watching (when I haven't been watching hockey).
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        If it's not Kansas tonight, I'm rooting for a meteor strike on Monday night.

And I don't even like Kansas much at all.

Comment

I don't mind Kansas. I think John Calipari represents everything that is wrong with collegiate athletics. I do not like Ohio State. I've said before that for some strange reason I've liked Rick Pitino for a long time. Now that Louisville is gone, process of elimination leaves Kansas.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't mind Kansas. I think John Calipari represents everything that is wrong with collegiate athletics. I do not like Ohio State. I've said before that for some strange reason I've liked Rick Pitino for a long time. Now that Louisville is gone, process of elimination leaves Kansas.
            This...
            Originally posted by solovsfett
            To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

What you said.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Kansas just can't quite get over the hump. They get close, even tie the game, but can't get the lead.

God, that was fun...

Comment

OSU has no right to ***** about that call. We learned about that rule in junior high.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory....
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Too bad about OSU. Didn't see that game...thank goodness. Personally don't care about the final now.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

RE: the foul line call on OSU, seems the refs were really diligent on the free throw violations of the 3 point arc and the ft line in this tournament. They should be very proud that they haven't let the 3 point arc violation during a FT completely destroy college basketball.

It is a rule, but I find it hard to swallow that they can't call moving picks, they can't call walking, they can't call palming/carrying but they can call stuff like that. Granted, it is during a stoppage so it is easier to see, I just don't like them acting like they did a good job because they can quote the rulebook for a call when they ignore most of the rulebook throughout the game.

The bummer for OSU is that if he had waited .001 seconds he likely still would have gotten the ball, it was a heads up play, just a shame it was so easy to notice his early departure.

And I am no OSU fan.

After the behavior of the Kentucky fans, no way I'm rooting for them. (and that is before I consider Calipari's track record of cheat and run)
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

He needed to wait a lot more than 0.001 s. The rule isn't against setting foot in the lane, it's against breaking the plane of the foul line. He wasn't even close to legal. It was flagrant and it had a significant impact on the outcome of the play.
                          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                            He needed to wait a lot more than 0.001 s. The rule isn't against setting foot in the lane, it's against breaking the plane of the foul line. He wasn't even close to legal. It was flagrant and it had a significant impact on the outcome of the play.
                            don't disagree, but by that measuring stick so does every jump stop, Lido shuffle or moonwalk that precedes 50% of all shots.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

I share your dismay at how travels tend to get ignored. I will note that jump stops, if properly executed, are explicitly deemed legal by the rules.

As far as lane violations go... I think there's stuff you let go and stuff you call, and the offense in the OSU-KU game is squarely in the "stuff you call" camp. (If the FT in the ND-XU game had been missed, I'd put Grant's violation in the same boat, but the fact that the FT was made makes it a "warn him but don't call it" case.)
                              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Kansas couldn't throw it in the ocean if they were standing on the beach.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X