X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Police: A New Low

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...poration-vote/

I'm not sure what this actually accomplishes. I hesitate to use this term ( ), but whitewashing history to remove things like this is not the right answer IMHO.
    Don't be getting niggardly with your language on my account.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Don't be getting niggardly with your language on my account.
      You can get fired for saying that as a DC bureaucrat (my all-time favorite PC story, and in fact one of the very few PC stories that deserves the name and outrage).
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I didn't pick that word at random.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

How did it come about that anyone who disagrees with "me" cannot merely have a different yet valid point of view, and now instead must be categorized as ranging from morally deficient (mildest) to outright evil (most severe)?
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            How did it come about that anyone who disagrees with "me" cannot merely have a different yet valid point of view, and now instead must be categorized as ranging from morally deficient (mildest) to outright evil (most severe)?
            It's all part of the agenda. One way of thinking, no dissent permitted; that's how you control a population. We've seen it countless numbers of times throughout history, typically when religion and government mix, even when religion is used in its broadest definition. We're seeing it once again, and also seeing a populist rejection of it (Trump winning US, Brexit, Italy wanting to leave the EU, Iceland kicking out the bankers, the list goes on and on), so the globalists are doubling down their efforts to once again harness in control.

Comment

It's been that way for decades, it's just more pronounced now. It's either "with us" or "against us," period. There is no gray.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                It's been that way for decades, it's just more pronounced now. It's either "with us" or "against us," period. There is no gray.
                All statements and sentiments are far more magnified now than they were 15 years ago because everyone who wants it has a virtual megaphone available to them via Facebook, Twitter and any other social media platforms I don't yet know exist.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  All statements and sentiments are far more magnified now than they were 15 years ago because everyone who wants it has a virtual megaphone available to them via Facebook, Twitter and any other social media platforms I don't yet know exist.
                  Exactly.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Power of the first amendment. And yet, there are people that want to censor that. If you censor, even if you think you're doing a good service, you can kiss this forum goodbye, because means you've given the power to also censor this.

Comment

Reasonable opinions more often than not garner reasonable discourse even if there's disagreement. Consider the common denominator in the above scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Power of the first amendment. And yet, there are people that want to censor that. If you censor, even if you think you're doing a good service, you can kiss this forum goodbye, because means you've given the power to also censor this.
                        This forum is privately run, so free speech does not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Reasonable opinions more often than not garner reasonable discourse even if there's disagreement. Consider the common denominator in the above scenarios.
                          I'd make an adjustment to your statement in that "reasonable opinions garner discourse from reasonable people if there's disagreement." Lots of people still get shouted down or mocked even if they bring a reasonable opinion in a respectable way. Both sides have to be open to having that discourse. All too often, that's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            This forum is privately run, so free speech does not apply.
                            You're assuming it's USCHO themselves doing the censoring.

Comment

It was right around the time you helped bring Nazis back, if I had to ballpark it.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Yeah. That's gone on here for quite some time. From what I can tell, its actually gotten a bit better. Having said that its, not a political correctness issue.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X