PC Police: A New Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Swearing happens so much at work, I don't even notice anymore. One hour in my office would have today's social justice warriors crying in a corner in the fetal position.
    Ha! SJW's wouldn't last five minutes at mine. An actual conversation at my work:

Random Ramper: "Use your *ing muscles and *ing push kid! Don't be a *ing girl!"
    Newbie: "Isn't that offensive to the females here?"
    Female Ramper: "No, because we're *ing women! Now stop being a * and push!"
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: PC Police: A New Low

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I cut out the last part.

I don't like hearing women swear casually. It's just unattractive. It's like today at the football game. There were plenty of smoke shows completely wasted. The most attractive ones were the ones who weren't.

Especially the sloppy azz married 45+ b!ches behind me. So gross. Flirting with everything that moved.

Im not sure. But I'm pretty sure some of them left with the drunk 22-25-year-old badger fans.

Either way, thanks for spilling your Miller lite on my wool coat you stupid drunks, and not offering to pay for the dry cleaning. (Not just a splash, but half her ****ing beer.)
      Does it bother you when dudes swear? Just curious. Are you offended when 45+ men leave with 22-25 year old women? Again, not judging, just curious.

Also, fie on you for wearing a dry-clean wool coat to a football game. That's dumb on your part.
      Last edited by bostonewe; 11-30-2015, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Cursing in the workplace.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Does it bother you when dudes swear? Just curious. Are you offended when 45+ men leave with 22-25 year old women? Again, not judging, just curious.

Also, fie on you for wearing a dry-clean wool coat to a football game. That's dumb on your part.
          I'm not offended when a woman swears. It just isn't attractive. Can't really compare it to men, but I'm sure most women aren't attracted to it. Can't blame them.

If they were married, certainly I would be disgusted. If they weren't, well, I'd probably still think it was gross. That could be your daughter.

On the coat part, yeah, I get that. But it's the warmest thing I had.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The thread title needs a "trigger words warning".
            I came in here thinking it was a "safe space".

The head of USCHO must resign.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I'm not offended when a woman swears. It just isn't attractive. Can't really compare it to men, but I'm sure most women aren't attracted to it. Can't blame them.

If they were married, certainly I would be disgusted. If they weren't, well, I'd probably still think it was gross. That could be your daughter.

On the coat part, yeah, I get that. But it's the warmest thing I had.
              Guessing she's aiming at double standards. I get overuse of PC...but PC statements show up sometimes when there's a sense that double standards are in place.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Meh. I really don't care about being PC.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not speaking of you dx...but why is it that those most out of touch with reality 'don't want to be politically correct'? Trump, Coulter, Bachmann, Limbaugh...really some of the last people you want making decisions for humanity.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Not speaking of you dx...but why is it that those most out of touch with reality 'don't want to be politically correct'? Trump, Coulter, Bachmann, Limbaugh...really some of the last people you want making decisions for humanity.
                    I think that people that are out of touch of reality are excessively PC. Kid-gloves. Participation awards. Etc.

Trump is a salesman. He has good BASIC opinions, but then he goes Trump. I do NOT want that man leading our country, whatsoever. Bachmann and Coulter are nuts, the former being more nuts than the latter, if you can believe it. Limbaugh USED to be like Trump-lite, but he's gone overboard, too.

The non-PC crowd accept reality, and deal with it. The PC crowd thinks everyone should be coddled and comforted. That is not how the world works, it never has been, and never will be.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I think that people that are out of touch of reality are excessively PC. Kid-gloves. Participation awards. Etc.

Trump is a salesman. He has good BASIC opinions, but then he goes Trump. I do NOT want that man leading our country, whatsoever. Bachmann and Coulter are nuts, the former being more nuts than the latter, if you can believe it. Limbaugh USED to be like Trump-lite, but he's gone overboard, too.

The non-PC crowd accept reality, and deal with it. The PC crowd thinks everyone should be coddled and comforted. That is not how the world works, it never has been, and never will be.
                      There are situations where some people go overboard in carrying PC too far. And just as many who have bailed on PC. And in many of those contexts, PC = respect. See how each of those 4 celebs use 'I don't want to be PC' to say totally negative stuff about others. For the rest of us being that kind of nonPC will result in losing friendships in school, income at work and teeth in a bar. As is often the case, being extreme is a stupid position.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

...being extreme is a stupid position.
                        COMPLETELY agree.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I am amazed people fall for this. It's so obviously a focus group-tested marketing campaign to make people preen that they are "authentic." It's exactly how youth culture is manufactured. Six suits sit around a table and say, how can we move more product? If it's Mentos they green light ads that show teens being "rebellious." If it's conservatives they green light ads that show their candidate being "un-PC."

But hey, Mentos ads move product too.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 12-01-2015, 06:34 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There are situations where some people go overboard in carrying PC too far. And just as many who have bailed on PC. And in many of those contexts, PC = respect.
                            It seems to me that what annoys people about "PC carried too far" is the following formulation, which I've seen and heard too often:
                            "You must respect me, but I don't have to respect you unless you agree with me completely without any demurral."

The whole idea of, either you are on board or you are shouted down without a chance at a hearing, is what I find annoying.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I find the PC mindset naively utopian.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I find the PC mindset naively utopian.
                                I agree, in the sense of utopia meaning "nowhere," and there really is no "PC mindset."

I'm at an advantage here because I know a lot of people who are supposed to be the Big Bads of the "PC side" of the argument -- you know, those horrible Brooklyn-living hipster Ivy League elitists who supposedly want to wrap their little snowflakes in packing peanuts and prevent them from ever feeling a chilly breeze or hearing a cruel word.

Only problem is, they're reasonable, sensible, and have a sense of humor, and they think all that stuff is idiotic and overblown, same as you do -- same as we all do. All the stuff that gets thrown around as supposedly "PC mindset" is just strawman examples -- individual, dumb things that get cranked out of the bureaucratic machine and that everybody -- even the elitists -- then immediately agrees goes too far and should be modified.

"PC" has become such a useful political cudgel that nobody stops to realize it's a solution in search of a problem. It's bullsh-t. It's just the latest incarnation of country folk complaining about the "soft hands of city people -- soft hands from counting money instead of doing real work."
                                Last edited by Kepler; 12-01-2015, 02:25 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X