Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Police: A New Low

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Isn't "scoring some weed" in itself, a street crime?

Not everywhere and soon... not anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I mean, as is how else do you interpret that except if the ballers ain't ballin', they'd be muggin' fools and bustin' caps.
      Well, in theory one could also interpret the tweet to mean that if there weren't NBA games to watch on TV, some NBA fans would be out on the street committing crimes instead..... which also would come across to those who are attuned to spot such things as "racist" as well. Either [some of] the players are criminals (hmm...) or some of the fans are. Either way, as you said, a dopey thing to say in public.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        So the obvious lesson here is, just because it's a private donor event, doesn't mean you can make stupid blanket statements and expect to get away with them.
        Right, someone on the staff working the event will spill to the press even if all the invited attendees respect the privacy.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          Right, someone on the staff working the event will spill to the press even if all the invited attendees respect the privacy.

If you don't want it to get out, don't say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            How so? There was no mention of race in there. Not even a hint. The complainers are saying street crime=people of a particular race, which is 100% racist to say.
            Certain people are going to project an air of prejudice when they say something like that. Not saying it's right nor that's not reverse in nature, but it's the climate we're in right now and someone in his position has to know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Certain people are going to project an air of prejudice when they say something like that. Not saying it's right nor that's not reverse in nature, but it's the climate we're in right now and someone in his position has to know better.
              Again, not saying it WASN'T a stupid tweet, but the reaction is much worse than the tweet itself. It's embarrassing.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                No need to be PC here...just say white republicans.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Al Jazeera. All you have to know. They are coming in assuming an air of legitimacy as "reporters," but are really just 5hit-stirrers to get Americans riled up against each other.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    Al Jazeera. All you have to know. They are coming in assuming an air of legitimacy as "reporters," but are really just 5hit-stirrers to get Americans riled up against each other.
                    Al Jazeera is actually a pretty unbiased news source on most topics - at least in its English version. Besides, the same story could be found on a number of different sites, I just chose that one.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Al Jazeera is actually a pretty unbiased news source on most topics - at least in its English version. Besides, the same story could be found on a number of different sites, I just chose that one.
                      I won't be going to the terrorist's mouthpiece for my news anytime soon.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        tin foil hat may be too tight....

Comment

So the main stream media, CNN, MSDNC are all puppets of the Democrats, Fox is a Republican shill, but Al Jazeera is playing it straight? Really?? They don't have a dog in the hunt?
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I think there probably is some government influence on them, probably more so in their programming originating outside of America, but I don't think their goal is to get "Americans riled up against each other"

I think they are a legitimate news source, aren't overly inflammatory, and don't seem to waste time on crap like Justin Beiber

Comment

Antipoverty assistance can often create incentives not to work and to stay where you are, that's not what we want in society. . . . There are a lot of people slipping through the cracks in America that are not reaching their potential ... We have got this tailspin of culture, in our inner cities in particular, of men not working and just generations of men not even thinking about working or learning the value and the culture of work, so there's a cultural problem that has to be dealt with.

When Bill Cosby says this, people squirm uncomfortably, because the evidence is obvious yet no one wants to admit it.

If a white man -- any white man -- says exactly the same thing, he is shouted down as a 'racist.'

Don't the same words have the same meaning no matter who says them?? I guess not....

"We know young black men are twice as likely as young white men to be 'disconnected'—not in school, not working. We've got to reconnect them. We've got to give more of these young men access to mentors. We've got to continue to encourage responsible fatherhood. We've got to provide more pathways to apply to college or find a job. We can keep them from falling through the cracks."

Guess who said the last quote.....yup, it was Barack Obama.

What am I missing? how is the first quote 'racist' but the second quote is not 'racist' when both speakers are saying exactly the same thing!!
                              Last edited by FreshFish; 03-21-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                So the main stream media, CNN, MSDNC are all puppets of the Democrats, Fox is a Republican shill, but Al Jazeera is playing it straight? Really?? They don't have a dog in the hunt?
                                Al Jazeera English is decent- it actually shows real news. I'd watch that over CNN or the crap that passes for network news any day of the week.

Edit: I also like how you implicitly exclude Fox News from the mainstream media, as though it isn't a part of a major media mogul's empire.
                                Last edited by unofan; 03-21-2014, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X