Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Police: A New Low

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    While a moronic tweet, he was referring to the lax penalties for smoking marijuana/etc in the NBA, hence "street crime" part. But APPARENTLY, ONLY blacks are responsible for street crime. That's what the people who are calling for his head are telling us, anyway, although not directly.

Like I said, taken out of context, it seems like an odd thing to say and easily open to the wrong (?) interpretation.

And one is not a racist for thinking that what he said was meant as racist. There's a difference to interpreting what he said as a racist comment and actually believing/agreeing with what he said as a matter of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Like I said, taken out of context, it seems like an odd thing to say and easily open to the wrong (?) interpretation.

And one is not a racist for thinking that what he said was meant as racist. There's a difference to interpreting what he said as a racist comment and actually believing/agreeing with what he said as a matter of fact.
      How so? There was no mention of race in there. Not even a hint. The complainers are saying street crime=people of a particular race, which is 100% racist to say.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I don't interpret either action as racist. Its all open to interpretation and its an open marketplace of ideas. Having said that, guys who flippantly tweet this kind of stuff shouldn't be put in charge of trying to constructively solve societal problems.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

How so? There was no mention of race in there. Not even a hint. The complainers are saying street crime=people of a particular race, which is 100% racist to say.

If I say, picture an NBA payer, you come up with Rick Nash? Honestly?

If I said, picture an NHL player, you'd come up with Subban or Simmonds?

I'm not saying the black community isn't overreacting, but the moron needs to be more careful if he thinks he's going to have a long career in public life.

Comment

I'm not saying the black community isn't overreacting, but the moron needs to be more careful if he thinks he's going to have a long career in public life.
            70% of the NBA is black. There are maybe 7 black players in the NHL.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Actually I might think of Nash. Back in the day, it was Larry Bird, not Magic Johnson. Oh, might also think either Dirk Nowitzki (sp?) or LeBron. I don't know too many NBA names nowadays.

NHL, I'd think Cindy, Parise, Vanek. The NHL doesn't have too many publicized problems with crime, though, so not quite an issue. A better sport to go against the NBA would be the NFL, and the same arguments could be said there (as far as punishment).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                I don't interpret either action as racist. Its all open to interpretation and its an open marketplace of ideas. Having said that, guys who flippantly tweet this kind of stuff shouldn't be put in charge of trying to constructively solve societal problems.
                What about guys who make flippant statements about the middle of the country bitterly clinging to guns and religion?

Comment

No, Kevin Love. Honestly.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Proof's in the pudding. It obviously struck a chord and he should have known better.

This isn't the first or last time someone will get crushed over something that they say or type that they should have thought twice about.

And how exactly would street crime go up due to lenient pot rules? If anything, that's prejudicial against pot smokers. I've known a whole lot of pot smokers in my day and not one (that I know of) ever committed a "street crime" to score some weed.

Comment

Proof's in the pudding. It obviously struck a chord and he should have known better.

This isn't the first or last time someone will get crushed over something that they say or type that they should have thought twice about.

And how exactly would street crime go up due to lenient pot rules? If anything, that's prejudicial against pot smokers. I've known a whole lot of pot smokers in my day and not one (that I know of) ever committed a "street crime" to score some weed.
                      That is the stupid part (the pot-smokers). Race should have never come up with that tweet.

Comment

That is the stupid part (the pot-smokers). Race should have never come up with that tweet.

I don't see anything in the tweet about "pot smoking." That's where he erred and left it up to interpretation.

It just implies unemployed NBA players leading to an increase in street crime. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          What about guys who make flippant statements about the middle of the country bitterly clinging to guns and religion?
                          And it was probably the most harmful issue of his campaign as it should be. After his 47% remark, Romney was pretty much done.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

I don't see anything in the tweet about "pot smoking." That's where he erred and left it up to interpretation.

It just implies unemployed NBA players leading to an increase in street crime. What am I missing?
                            You are not missing anything. The people saying it's racist are missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              And it was probably the most harmful issue of his campaign as it should be. After his 47% remark, Romney was pretty much done.
                              So the obvious lesson here is, just because it's a private donor event, doesn't mean you can make stupid blanket statements and expect to get away with them. Therefore, Twitter is not a safe venue either - even worse, in fact.

Comment

Isn't "scoring some weed" in itself, a street crime?
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X