PC Police: A New Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC Police: A New Low

Didn't Nat X have a bit about black holes, ice, ball (the white ball hits the black one), balled...? Funny bit/rant whoever did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Didn't Nat X have a bit about black holes, ice, ball (the white ball hits the black one), balled...? Funny bit/rant whoever did it.
      Nat X had many like that (Chris Rock, IIRC). And I believe it was the Eddie Murphy movie "Boomerang" that had the bit about pool being racist, since it was the white ball trying to knock the black ball off the table. (decent movie, btw).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        You fail at the interwebs, but I know of which clip you post of. F*ing ******.

Edit: it shows just text in your post, but shows up as a link in the quote. Odd.
        I got in trouble once for saying "prig" on the air and some morons thought I said something else. And don't you dare utter a word (like "niggardly," for instance) which other morons in their ignorance, might construe as racist.
        "Well, it SOUNDS bad." Right.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          I got in trouble once for saying "prig" on the air and some morons thought I said something else. And don't you dare utter a word (like "niggardly," for instance) which other morons in their ignorance, might construe as racist.
          "Well, it SOUNDS bad." Right.
          I like using the word "niggardly" because it exposes the stupid people.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I like using the word "niggardly" because it exposes the stupid people.
            And "chicanery."
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I had to chuckle the other day when someone was reporting on a crime story and they said "then the paddy wagons rolled in for the arrests of all the protesters."

It's a good thing the Irish are generally so genial! Imagine if you said something similar about any other ethnic group, how outraged they'd be!

(for those who don't know, "paddy" once was used as a derogatory term for an Irishman...back in the days when businesses routinely posted help wanted signs with the addendum "No Irish need apply." The Irish immigrants and the WASPs (mostly of British descent) did not get along at all; and it was not uncommon for Irish to be arrested en masse, hence the term "paddy" wagon.)

So replace the term "paddy" with another ethnic group and have the announcer say, "then the [slur]mobile rolled in for the arrests of all the protesters."
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                I had to chuckle the other day when someone was reporting on a crime story and they said "then the paddy wagons rolled in for the arrests of all the protesters."

It's a good thing the Irish are generally so genial! Imagine if you said something similar about any other ethnic group, how outraged they'd be!

(for those who don't know, "paddy" once was used as a derogatory term for an Irishman...back in the days when businesses routinely posted help wanted signs with the addendum "No Irish need apply." The Irish immigrants and the WASPs (mostly of British descent) did not get along at all; and it was not uncommon for Irish to be arrested en masse, hence the term "paddy" wagon.)

So replace the term "paddy" with another ethnic group and have the announcer say, "then the [slur]mobile rolled in for the arrests of all the protesters."
                rice paddies?

Comment

And "chicanery."
                  There's a chink in your argument, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Comment

There's a chink in your argument, but I just can't put my finger on it.
                    Must be that nip in the air that is making me not think straight.

Comment

Must be that nip in the air that is making me not think straight.
                      I wish you'd just zip it. Right now, I've got to wash the gook off my hands.

Comment

I wish you'd just zip it. Right now, I've got to wash the gook off my hands.
                        Maybe some doo wop would take my mind off things.

Comment

Maybe some doo wop would take my mind off things.
                          A Guinea for your thoughts.

Comment

Right now, I've got to wash the gook off my hands.
                            Right, need to leave everything Spic and Span.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

A Guinea for your thoughts.
                              There's not a Dagos by when I don't get lost in thought.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                There's not a Dagos by when I don't get lost in thought.
                                Things are getting a little too hebephrenic for my tastes around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X